This topic is: not resolved

AdoreChurch theme multiple questions

• tjohnm
    Participant
    # 10 months, 1 week ago

Hi,
    As I was setting up the adore church theme, I came across few problems:

1.What is the size for images to be shown properly on different devices, for header and photo gallery?
    2. How do I set the layout of the home page same as the theme page in the sense that the three boxes below the header slider overlaps the header? I set the layout to full width but it didnt do anything
    3. How do I set the interactive map and form on the contact page? I set it as mentioned in the documentation but it didn’t show up.
    4. How do you link the submenu to different sections of same menu page?

Thank you

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 10 months, 1 week ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 10 months, 1 week ago

Hi there

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting you soon. Meanwhile it would be great if you can share your website URL and wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for him to check the issue.

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 10 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 10 months, 1 week ago

Hi @tjohnm,

Thanks for the details.
    1) All banner images can be minimum of 1280px wide and 200px high (500px high in case of slider).All featured images for sermons, events and gallery should be atleast 600px wide and 400px high to maintain a good site experience.

2)You can create home page using “Home” template.It will display the same layout as home page on our demo server.

3)You can create contact page using “Contact” template to look it alike demo contact page and also please make sure that Google API key must be added inside Theme Options -> MAP API to display map.

4)Can you elaborate some more information regarding this point or share some URL/screenshot describing the same so that I can assist you better.

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 10 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 10 months ago

@tjohnm,

1)Login details are not working any more.Can you please check once at your end as well.

4)Sorry but it’s not possible as there is no such feature inside the theme.

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 10 months ago

I’m sorry, I took care of the login details, can you please try again?

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 10 months ago

I tried to set up the gallery page as mentioned in the documentation but below is what i ended up with. I want to display few images column wise. Also a recap, I want the homepage set as original site but I can’t get the overlap to come on.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ManishManish
    # 10 months ago

@tjohnm,

1)I have created a demo home page on your server.You just need to edit it’s contents as per the requirement:
    http://www.zpcct.org/home/

2)There is already column wise gallery page created on your server.Please see below URL:
    http://www.zpcct.org/gallery-4-cols-filter/

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 10 months ago

Thank you so much!
    1. I set the logo image as I wanted but its causing some problem every time I load the page. I’m attaching the screenshot.Also, I would like the name of the church to be shown next to the logo, is that possible?

2. Also, I saw on the documentation I could add custom favicon but i don’t seem to have that feature. How can I get it?

3. I tried to set the google calendar again as shown in the documentation but when I added a event on my calendar, it didn’t show up on the events on the website. How do I do that?

Thanks

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 10 months ago

@tjohnm,

1)I experienced that there is a big size logo image on your server.I suggest you to upload an optimal size logo for your website instead of a big size image.A 200px wide image should work well.

2)You can upload favicon from Appearance -> Customize:
    http://drops.imithemes.com/VxeUaw

3).I have checked with my test credentials but was able to view google events there.Please make sure that you must be adding valid details for google calendar feeds inside Theme Options.Please use the Google Developers Console to update your API key configuration. I would suggest you to recreate it as it has been described here: http://support.imithemes.com/forums/topic/updatedsetting-up-google-calendar-api-for-events-calendar/

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 9 months, 3 weeks ago

1. I’m still having problems getting the calendar to work. Going to the google account and following the step by step isn’t working. Its different from the link above, I’m attaching a screenshot.

2. I want bullet points to be shown(see screenshot) but it isn’t, I used the tags but it didn’t work.

3. I want the menu bar to be fixed every time the page loads. I reduced the size of the logo but it didn’t help(see screenshot)

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 9 months, 3 weeks ago

@tjohnm,

I am looking into this and get back to you asap.

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you.
    I have couple more things that I need help with:
    1. The feature area settings for the homepage, the place where I change the images and links have disappeared. I’m assuming, I pressed something by accident. I need that back so I can edit it.

2.I also want to change the icons from the about us page, see screenshot. How do I do that?

Please get back to me on the previous things and this asap.
    Thanks.

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi @tjohnm,

1)You need to set your API using “Google Calendar API” from the above options.

2)Please try below css inside Theme Options -> Custom CSS/JS:
    .panel-grid .widget ul {
    list-style-type: disc;
    list-style-position: inside;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    margin-left: 13px;
    }

3)Height of logo is still the issue.Can you please try image of size something similar to 211×41.

4)You can edit featured area by editing home page -> Featured Section.Here you can edit it easily:
    https://d.pr/8lTwPW

5)You can change it using “Icon box” shortcode inside that editor:
    https://d.pr/1I4CMP

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you.
    1. I was able to add events to the google calendar and it does show up on the events calendar, it is possible for it to show as a event, like on the homepage?

2. I was able to edit the featured section but only when I logged on using the credentials I gave you.I couldn’t do it with mine, I was able to do it before but it seem to have disappeared.(see screenshot)

3. I fixed the size of logo, however is it possible to add the website name next to the logo?

4. Also, how do i change the type of font for pages that don’t use a template? I want to change the font of the page About us.

5. How do I change the color of the words that I add to the pictures on the homepage slider?
    Thanks

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 9 months, 3 weeks ago

@tjohnm,

Let me give some time to check these points.I’ll get back to you soon.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 9 months, 2 weeks ago

@tjohnm,

1)For now Adore Church theme support Google events syncing only on the calendar page(shortcode) and not with the other events listing types.

2)Can you please share those credentials here in private reply so that I can check there.

3)Sorry but it will require certain customization in theme’s files as there is no such feature in the theme.

4)You can change the styling of any page by using custom css inside Theme Option -> Custom CSS/JS.

5)You can use below css code to change the color:
    .flex-caption strong{
    color: /* REQUIRED COLOR CODE*/ ;
    }
    .flex-caption p{
    color: /* REQUIRED COLOR CODE*/ ;
    }

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your help with all the above.
    The event counter isn’t working for me. I tried to do the right state, New York and even UTC – 5 but it is still showing the wrong time. How do I fix that?

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 9 months, 2 weeks ago

@tjohnm,

I checked event counter on your server and it seems to be displaying correct time difference.Please see below screen URL:
    https://d.pr/3vjqMr

If you want to set the counter to show till event’s start time, you can change this setting inside Theme Options -> Events -> Show Event -> Start Time.

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

Thank you, I got that fixed. How come the words that are on the homepage header images don’t show up when the website is viewed on the mobile? I would like the words to show up on matter what device the site is viewed on, how do i do that?

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

@tjohnm,

For flexslider captions to show on the small screens, it will require certain custom css code. You can also opt for Layer Slider or Revolution Slider for more advanced mobile views.

Thanks

tjohnm
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

Thank you.
    1.The gallery on the media page isn’t working properly(see screenshot). I would like it to work as the gallery on the homepage. How do I fix it?
    2. Also, is it possible to add read more tags to the text to three boxes(featured section) on the homepage?
    3. The website is live and as we view it on mobile, the text isn’t wrapped properly around the images for the ministries page. How can that be fixed?

Thanks

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

@tjohnm,

1)Custom CSS code is conflicting with “Gallery Grid widget”.You can use “Gallery” template instead of that widget to avoid the conflict.I have also created a gallery page on your server using that template.Please see below URL:
    https://www.zpcct.org/gal_test/

2)Sorry but it will require customization in theme’s files as there is no such feature inside theme.

3)Please let me know on which mobile device you are having this issue.Can you please share a screenshot here with us.

Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.