This topic is: not resolved

Capital WP – Issue with Revolution slider installation & WPBakery Page Builder

Participant
    # 2 years, 9 months ago

Hi,

Recently bought this theme from envato.com . I have installed the theme as per documentation and it asked for required plugins. Some of the plugins were pre-packaged like revolution slider and WPBakery Page Builder.

1)WPBakery Page Builderis asking for activation of copy. Please let me know whats to be done.
    (Hola! Would you like to receive automatic updates and unlock premium support? Please activate your copy of WPBakery Page Builder.)
    2)Also not able to install Revolution slider. The message shown here is that “This theme requires the following plugin: Revolution Slider.”
    But when we try to install it ,we get this msg “An error occurred while installing Revolution Slider: Destination folder already exists. C:/inetpub/vhosts/mayrasafety.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/revslider/”.

In the Theme information it was told that both are licensed version included in the package. But if I uninstall or delete the the revslider folder to install the plugin then there are 2 probable issues A)Installed version from WP wont be licensed B)It might have issues when we update your theme.

Please resolve soon.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 9 months ago

Hi there

Any bundled plugin that comes with any theme are supported and updated with the theme itself and you do not need to activate it on your website unless you want it otherwise or need direct support/updates from the plugin author.
    You can keep using the plugin with the theme.

Thanks

Participant
    # 2 years, 9 months ago

Hi.. you havent resolved the 2nd issue. Please read it carefully. Its related to installation of revolution slider. Its prepackaged but unable to install. Screenshots and error message is attached in the ticket.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 9 months ago

The error message shows that the slider folder is already there in the plugins directory. Please share your website URL and wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for me to check it. Thanks

Participant
    # 2 years, 9 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 9 months ago

I am getting the same error you have mentioned but I can not see any instance on revslider in your plugins page. It seems like the folder is there in the directory without the main plugin file. If you can check it yourself then you can look for “revslider” folder in your wp-content => plugins folder, it you find it then delete it and try installing the plugin again. If you are unable to do so then share your FTP access info here in a private reply for me to have a look. Thanks

Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

Also Please let me know how to activate “Coming Soon Page” . I dont want my prospective customers to see the page which is still not completed/.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

If you have renamed your old plugin folder name then the working one should be the one installed from the theme. Still in doubt then you can remove the renamed folder from the plugins folder.

To enable maintenance mode you can activate it from Theme Options => General https://d.pr/i/DstJ7n This will allow you to see the website while logged in.

Thanks

Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

1. Can you send me the link from where you have downloaded it as Revolution Slider is a paid plugin available on Codecanyon(Envato Market). If you have the paid version direct purchase then you should use it since it will provide you direct updates to the plugin and free slider templates.

2. Yes, you should see a maintenance page when it is active in Theme Options. For any other coming soon page type you should first disable the maintenance mode from Theme Options and can use any free plugin for coming soon. Like this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/

Thanks

Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

Yes, the currently installed plugin is the correct one. Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.