This topic is: resolved

Changing "sermons" to talks.

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I want to change all instances of the title “Sermons” and replace with the word “talks”. Sermons has no relevancy in our Center’s philosophy. Where do I do that?
    Thanks for your help.

ManishManish
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi @feradminz,

Please find the attached child theme below and place it inside themes folder.It will replace “Sermons” to “Talks”.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for your help. I will do that and let you know if i have any propblems.

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I tried what you said but nothing changed. Any idea why? See attachment

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Thank you.

ManishManish
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi @feradminz,

If you have activated child theme then you can found newly created field for sermon in permalinks settings of dashboard, you just need to place any new text which you would like to use instead of sermon. Let me know if still not able to change sermon.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Manish,
    Thanks for your help. I did what you asked.
    It changed many items in the admin area. But there are some items unchanged in the public area. I don’t care about the admin area(dashboard). What’s important is to change the public display of the word sermon or sermons. “Sermon” should become “Talk”.
    “Sermons” should become “Talks”.
    Can this be done? Thank you.
    See http://livingbeyondlimitscsl.org/newsite/Talks/how-to-recover-the-cutting-edge/
    Password is 123456

ManishManish
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi @feradminz,

Can you please share URLs where it still displaying “Sermons” or “Sermon” along with WP Credentials here in private reply so that I can check it on your server.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

@feradminz,

Please find the attached file and place it inside child theme’s folder.It will replace “sermons” with “talks” in these pages as well.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Manish,
    Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it. It worked! I am loving to work with this theme. You have done a nice work.
    Fernando

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for your assistance here @Manish

@feradminz
    Glad you are liking our theme. Would you mind giving a 5 star rating to our theme at your ThemeForest’s Downloads page? That would be very appreciable. Instructions to do that: http://cl.ly/image/1p2U0N0H0a0E

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Manish, I have rated your theme with 5 star at ThemeForest, according to your request. It’s my pleasure to have done this. Thanks again, for the great work.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

Thank you so much @feradminz

Participant
    # 5 years, 1 month ago

Hi, There are still Instances of the word “Sermon” and “sermons” that I would like to change to “Talk” and “Talks”. See at homepage http://livingbeyondlimitscsl.org/test/
    And sermon Filter: http://livingbeyondlimitscsl.org/test/service-recordings/
    Login: 123456.
    How do I change these instances?
    Thanks for you attention.

ManishManish
    # 5 years, 1 month ago

Hi @feradminz,

You need to change these texts inside template files.

1)Home page: just search out for line nos. 289 & 320 inside “template-home.php” file where it says:

<h3><i class=”fa fa-microphone”></i> <?php _e(‘Latest Sermon’, ‘framework’); ?></h3>

' . __('All Sermons', 'framework') . '

2)You can change this inside “imic-theme-functions.php” nearby line no.s 2652,2666,2680 where it says:

<option selected value=””>’.__(‘Sermons Categories’, ‘framework’).'</option>’;

<option selected value=””>’.__(‘Sermons Tag’, ‘framework’).'</option>’;

<option selected value=””>’.__(‘Sermons Speakers’, ‘framework’).'</option>’;

Thanks

Participant
    # 4 years, 11 months ago

Hi Manish,
    Thanks so much for your input. Where do I do these changes? By FTP? Which Paths? Or in the WordPress Admin? Where? What happens if I Update the theme? Do I need to to this again?
    Thanks again.

Participant
    # 4 years, 11 months ago

Manish, Please ignore my previous request. I figured it out. Your explanation was very clear. Thanks so much for your help.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 11 months ago

That’s great! @feradminz
    Thanks for your assistance here @Manish

Participant
    # 4 years, 11 months ago

Is there anyway you can do a video tutorial for this? There seems to be a bit of popularity with this request. I was able to change Pastor to Speaker but I am not clear if I am suppose to be copying the template-home.php and imic-theme-functions.php into the child theme to change Sermon to Talks. Please confirm.

ManishManish
    # 4 years, 11 months ago

Hi @david.jaime,

Our technical team is working on more video tutorials.Meanwhile you can always ask as many questions by creating a thread here: http://support.imithemes.com/forums/forum/wordpress-themes/nativechurch-wp/#new-post.

For changing “Sermons” to “Talks”, you can use above provided child theme in this thread or If you are already using a child theme, you can add these files in your child theme’s folder.

Thanks

Participant
    # 4 years, 11 months ago

I installed the files into my existing child theme and I did not see the Sermon Categories and Sermon Speakers widget language change to Talks for both. On the top breadcrumb thread it still shows Sermons in the middle as well on the individual sermon pages. Please see attached screenshots of my page showing it and the FTP of files I uploaded. Please advise

ManishManish
    # 4 years, 11 months ago

@david.jaime,

Please create a separate thread here: http://support.imithemes.com/forums/forum/wordpress-themes/nativechurch-wp/#new-post and share your website URL and wp-admin credentials there in a private reply to check it.

Thanks

Participant
    # 3 years, 6 months ago

My problem is that I already have custom css, edits etc and to the NativeChurch theme and I still need “sermons” changed to “stories”.

How can I do that? Without changing themes and reapplying all my changes that I’ve already completed?

ManishManish
    # 3 years, 6 months ago

Hi @zbabyface,

I need to close this old thread to avoid further confusion for other users.Please create a separate thread here: http://support.imithemes.com/forums/forum/wordpress-themes/nativechurch-wp/#new-post

Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Changing "sermons" to talks.’ is closed to new replies.