This topic is: resolved

Custom Registration Button URL does not work

Participant
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

I’m trying to create event registration links that lead to an external site. This was added in a recent update to the theme, however it doesn’t seem to be working.

When I add in a custom link registration URL, it still delivers a popup window rather than redirecting to the URL.

You can see an example here: http://japanphilly.org/wa-dopuresu/?event=summer-2018-international-business-networking-reception&event_date=2018-07-25

Clicking on Register Online opens up a popup, even though I have selected to use an external URL. Can this be fixed soon? This is a major issue for the way our site works.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Hi there

Can you please share your website URL and wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for me to check it?

Thanks

Participant
    # 1 year, 9 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks for the info. I just checked your website and found that you are using a custom single-event.php template in your child theme which needs to be updated with latest template for this new feature to work for you. You should compare both the new and child theme template using some comparison tool like http://www.tareeinternet.com/scripts/comparison-tool/#diff and update it accordingly. Thanks

Participant
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Thank you!
    You were right, the custom child theme template was doing it. I wasn’t even aware that a custom template was being used.

Thanks again!

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Glad it helped. Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Custom Registration Button URL does not work’ is closed to new replies.