This topic is: not resolved

deciding factors – are these possible

• KriSol
    Participant
    # 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello support,

I am building a website for my boss and am by no means a web designer but have made a couple sites for myself before… I have downloaded one other plugin with similar functionality as Eventer and am trying to decide which of the two we can make work for what we do, which is dog classes (these are taught in 5 week sessions, always on the same day of the week at the same time and in the same venue for each of the 5 weeks sessions).

I managed to customize the registration form to add all the custom fields we need but am struggling with a few issues at this time:

1) our classes go from 3pm to 3.50 pm for example (so they are always 50 minutes long) which i entered in the event like this, but in the event listing it shows 3pm to 3pm…

2) I would love to be able to easily copy an event to set up future classes (rather than using recurring events in that one event since this will get too confusing over time I think). I already have a clone plugin installed but it doesnt seem to work with Eventer…

3) I would like to have a disclaimer that the clients need to agree with before booking. Is that somehow possible? This would vary by venue…

4) We only have 6 spots per class, but we offer discounts for shelter and rescue dogs, so I can not set this up as 2 different ticket options since then I could not show that there is 6 spots in the general registration and 6 spots in the rescue dog registration (that would open up registration for 12 dogs :O), is there any way to apply a discount code?

5) if there would be any way to set up a classe in the way that it actually happen (which is for example on 5 consecutive saturdays at the same time and the same venue as part of one session which costs $180 all together) that would be a plus, but not necessary.

Thank you so much for now,
    Kristin

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi there

I have assigned this thread to my developer and he will be assisting you soon.

Thanks

KriSol
    Participant
    # 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello author,
    thanks for that. I am looking forward to hearing from him,
    Kristin

KriSol
    Participant
    # 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello author,

I still have not heard from the developer and am not sure if he works on the weekends and what time zone he is in, but hope to hear from him soon since I need to have the website up and running in a few days.

In the meantime I managed to solve below numbers 1) and 2) myself (yes, I am surprised myself :D) but have discovered a new problem with the payment options. So now my list would read like this:

NEW #1) Paypal payments: if I disable woocommerce (I tried to set that up but this is going to be way too difficult for my boss to handle plus it disables my customized registration form which we need the clients to fill in BEFORE payment, so I dont see woocommerce as an option here…) and go to the “payments” tab it just shows me a “safe changes” button but there is nowhere where I can enter a paypal email address or change bank details (I do not actually want the “offline payments” enabled, so I just care about the paypal payments working at this point.

3) We need our clients to sign (by clicking and agreeing) a disclaimer before booking. Is that somehow possible? This disclaimer would also vary by venue… I should note that this is so crucial (due to liabilities) that if this is not possible I will have to go with the other plugin.

4) We only have 6 spots per class, but we offer discounts for shelter and rescue dogs, so I can not set this up as 2 different ticket options since then I could not show that there is 6 spots in the general registration and 6 spots in the rescue dog registration (that would open up registration for 12 dogs :O), is there any way to apply a discount code?

Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you very soon,
    Kristin

KriSol
    Participant
    # 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Oh no, I just discovered one more thing…

If I have multiple classes that happen once every couple of months but all have the same name (for example “Puppy Kindergarten”) there is no way for me to separate the bookings of these… even though I have 2 events set up, it only gives me the option to filter all the events with the same name… is there a workaround for that?

Thank you

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

a@Nitin Can you please follow up on this? Thanks

KriSol
    Participant
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

Is anyone going to get back to me on this? I am still waiting to hear something,
    thanks,
    Kristin

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

Hello

I am looking into the above points and let you know soon.

Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

1) our classes go from 3pm to 3.50 pm for example (so they are always 50 minutes long) which i entered in the event like this, but in the event listing it shows 3pm to 3pm…
    –You can chagne time format from Dashboard->Eventer->Settings->Date&Time field.

2) I would love to be able to easily copy an event to set up future classes (rather than using recurring events in that one event since this will get too confusing over time I think). I already have a clone plugin installed but it doesnt seem to work with Eventer…
    –Please let me know which clone plugin you are using.

3) I would like to have a disclaimer that the clients need to agree with before booking. Is that somehow possible? This would vary by venue…
    –You can create checkbox button for booking field that could work for Terms & Condition

–Sorry, no discount coupon available with plugin’s payment option but already in queue for future updates.

5) if there would be any way to set up a classe in the way that it actually happen (which is for example on 5 consecutive saturdays at the same time and the same venue as part of one session which costs $180 all together) that would be a plus, but not necessary.
    –You can do this why week day span field.

Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

NEW #1) Paypal payments: if I disable woocommerce (I tried to set that up but this is going to be way too difficult for my boss to handle plus it disables my customized registration form which we need the clients to fill in BEFORE payment, so I dont see woocommerce as an option here…) and go to the “payments” tab it just shows me a “safe changes” button but there is nowhere where I can enter a paypal email address or change bank details (I do not actually want the “offline payments” enabled, so I just care about the paypal payments working at this point.
    –Please replace below file in wp-content->plugins->eventer->admin folder.
    https://d.pr/f/T2AwIi

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

If I have multiple classes that happen once every couple of months but all have the same name (for example “Puppy Kindergarten”) there is no way for me to separate the bookings of these… even though I have 2 events set up, it only gives me the option to filter all the events with the same name… is there a workaround for that?
    –Is it ok for you if i will add event ID beside name of event in bookings?

KriSol
    Participant
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

Hello Nitin,
    thanks for the help on the points above.
    I have no idea where you want me to add that file that you sent to make the paypal payment work, I also cant find any info about a checkbox button in your documentation (not sure a button would work since its a pretty long text I need to have in there though?) and I am wondering how long it will take before you can offer a discount code?
    Without a way to offer 2 different prices (for the same amount of tickets available) I wont be able to use your plugin… maybe at a later date though if you get it done soon? I need this website up and running by the end of the week.
    thanks,
    Kristin

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

Hello

Please provide WP Credentials with admin URL in private reply, so that i could update required files at your server.
    I will try to provide you the modified files by end of this week, is that ok for you?

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.