This topic is: not resolved

Demo1 Import taking 4hr and still counting

• subashsdm
    Participant
    # 10 months, 1 week ago

Hi,
    I installed all recommended plugins and imported demo1. And in wp-content fatal-error—log file I could see following.
    2018-01-07T02:51:03+00:00 CRITICAL Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found

Few questions to clarify:

1. Having a very healthy internet connection(in US East), and right now more than 4hrs. Should I keep this running ? If I cancel, will it end up in an invalid state ?

2. What’s the difference between demo1 and demo2?

3. What if I wanted to try demo2 later and does that replace demo1 ? I heard users saying it overlaps.

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 10 months, 1 week ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 10 months, 1 week ago

Hi there

The demo import majorly relies on the website hosting server compared to the internet connection. Make sure your server is configured minimum to the suggested settings here http://support.imithemes.com/how-to-increase-the-wordpress-file-upload-size/

Both the demo imports will give you the same demo website the only difference is the way content is built in for the pages. With page templates all the data is entered using the custom fields available page template wise and in demo with page builder everything is built using the page builder widgets. Page builder data is more flexible when you need to reorder the content of pages. You should import only one of the demo on a single website.

To replace a demo with other you must clear the database tables of your website or use a different new database. Importing both demos together in a single database will have double content like pages, menus, posts etc.

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 10 months ago

It still keep waiting/hanging. After changing the /etc/php.ini file, I did a httpd restart. Is it enough to get those values reflected in wordpress ? (I am using a wordpress installed in EC2 using AWS CloudFormation WordPress template).

Thanks.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 10 months ago

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting you soon. Meanwhile you can try importing the demo using the individual files available in the “XML Demo Content” folder of the package https://d.pr/i/jgMGc9
    https://docs.imithemes.com/documentation/autostars-setting-up-the-demo-content/autostars-using-traditional-way-of-importing-demo-content/

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 10 months ago

Hi @subashsdm,

Please share your site URL along with WP admin details here in private reply so that I can check issue there.

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 10 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 10 months ago

@subashsdm,

Thanks for the details.It seems you are using older version of PHP(5.3), it should be 5.6 minimum to work theme properly.Please update it and check it once again if it works for you.

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Hi Manish,
    Sorry about following up late. Yes after php upgrade it worked!!! Thanks.

I have couple of other questions.

1. When imported Page Builder demo(demo2), it imported successfully, but the page full of lines of texts, doesn’t look like a proper template.
    But when imported demo1, I could see some proper template, but still it’s not exactly the one shown as the sample http://preview.imithemes.com/?theme=AdoreChurch-WP. Demo1 main page header slider is empty. Which slider I have to use to get same as the aforesaid sample page ?

So how can I import page builder demo(demo2) successfully? Because I want to change the positions of elements in the page. Can I change the positions of each elements(event calendar, gallery etc) in demo1 also ? If so how?

2. I need to change the theme color of the web page to be something different than light blue. I want similar contrast Orange color. Can I do that?

3. Need to remove “Recent Sermons” element since this is for a Buddhist temple web site. How can I do that?

Appreciate your prompt response, since i have to deliver this in next 2 weeks.

ManishManish
    # 9 months ago

Hi @subashsdm,

1)I have imported page builder demo on your server.You can use “Home revslider” to make it alike Demo1 main page header slider.
    I have also experienced that there is an old version theme installed on your server.Please update it to latest version along with it’s associated plugins.You can update your theme easily with http://support.imithemes.com/how-to-get-theme-updates-notifications-with-in-your-wordpress-dahsboard/

2)You can change the color scheme inside Theme Options -> Color Scheme.

3)You can remove this widget from Appearance -> Widgets -> Home page sidebar second -> “just delete this widget”

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Thank you very much for promptly responding.!!!

Now I can see demo2 imported properly. Just wanted to let you know that, before you do that I had demo1 imported. Did you able to clean up the DB or is it not necessary before importing a new demo?

Did you follow any special steps to import it? Because when I did it on a fresh DB, it had texts etc on the page and not seemed properly imported. Just for my information, in case if I need to import demo2 again.

ManishManish
    # 9 months ago

@subashsdm,

1)To replace a demo with other we must clear the database tables of website or use a different new database. Importing both demos together in a single database will have double content like pages, menus, posts etc.I was not able to clean the DB before demo import on your server as I didn’t have access for that.I suggest you to clear the current database/create a new one and re-import demo 2 to avoid the duplicate content.

2)I simply imported the demo2 through “Demo Importer”.Please make sure you must activate the “Page Builder by SiteOrigin” and “SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle” before importing the content.

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

I cleaned up DB and imported the demo2 again.Steps are
    – Re created empty Amazon RDS MySQL.
    – php.ini has already changed to recommended settings.
    – Copied fresh wordpress unziiped to /var/www/html and changed wp-config.php to point to DB.
    – Grant permission to html folder.
    – Made sure I installed Page Builder and Site Origin WIdget bundle
    – Installed recommended plugins and envato update plugin. Activate all of them
    – Imported demo2.

Attaching screen shot of where menu drop down drops and expands with right biased. Not right below as original Adore Church demo site.

Can you please check what I did wrong.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ManishManish
    # 9 months ago

@subashsdm,

I have checked your site but didn’t experience such issue.The menu drop down drops just below the menu item.Please see below screen URL and let me know if I missed something:

https://d.pr/KgRiNs

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Is it possible to add Google Calendar for event calendar ?

ManishManish
    # 9 months ago

@subashsdm,

You can import google events inside event calendar just by adding your google calendar API key inside Theme Options > Calendar/Calendar Options.Please see below url for info regarding setting up API:
    http://support.imithemes.com/forums/topic/updatedsetting-up-google-calendar-api-for-events-calendar/
    please let me know if you find any issue here.

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

EVen though I added calendar info, I cannot see it appears in Upcoming events section as in the screen shot. (Seems event has its own registration format, but can’t we ask it to pick from google calendar). Otherwise, where can I show this calendar other than inside a page.
    I want it inside like a wisget in worst case.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ManishManish
    # 8 months, 4 weeks ago

@subashsdm,

For now Adore Church theme support Google events syncing only on the calendar page(using shortcode) and not with the other events listing types.
    You can use that shortcode inside text widget.

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much Manish!!!!!, I am 65% complete on this project. Have two more questions.
    1. How to provide a link to go when clicked on a menu item. Like an external web URL.
    2. The added pages in the menu, all of them has a blank space for a slider or a banner. But I only want that in the main page(which I already have). How to selectively remove that slider/banner header space in each page.

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Another related question for menus is, how can I direct to my Home page, when clicked on a Menu Item.(Home menu item).

Small update for the above #2 question, I need to keep the top menu bar, but don’t want to keep the slider/banner space.

Appreciate your help!

ManishManish
    # 8 months, 3 weeks ago

@subashsdm,

1)For external link URL, you can create custom links by using “Custom Links” inside Appearance > Menus. Add custom link with # as URL and label as your page name. After you add it to the menu, you can edit the menu item and remove the # with the required link URL from the URL field:
    https://d.pr/i/nGJdWB

2)Can you please share a screenshot regarding the header space issue for me check it further.

3)You can simply add this page inside Appearance > Menus.I have done it for you.Please check and let me know if still something missing.

Thanks

subashsdm
    Participant
    # 8 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    subashsdm
    Participant
    # 8 months ago

When troubleshooting, I found out that even though http://host/wordpress not responding, if I put http://host/wordpress/index.php, then it would direct me into the landing page. But then if I clicked on sub pages it goes to some undefined page. Seems this is a bit small issue, but some how I am unable to figure it out. Any idea about this ?

subashsdm
    Participant
    subashsdm
    Participant
    # 8 months ago

Hi Manish,
    I was able to get it resolved.(by adding WP_HOME, and URL to new host). Thanks.

Can you please tell me the general recommended required CPU/Memory to run this theme. Assuming we use average 50% of the features of the theme. I want to get an idea on how much of a sized box I should allocate for this. And just assume we get very low TPS.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.