This topic is: resolved

Error 404 – Not Found

• Peter_99
    Participant
    # 8 months ago

Further to my post about plug-ins, I’ve just opened the NativeChurch theme to customise it and got an “Error 404 – Not Found” message when I clicked on the ‘Customise’ button.

A silly question, but does this mean some stuff didn’t get installed when I ran the “Theme Installation” option in “Add Themes” ????

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 8 months ago

Hi there

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting you soon. Meanwhile it would be great if you can share your website URL and wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for him to check the issue.

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 8 months ago

Hey,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

My details are:-
    * Website URK = “www.hopeccm.org.au/wp-admin”
    * User-name = admin
    * Email address = admin@hopeccm.org.au
    * Password = J3susIsG0dsS0n

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can provide any more information for you.

Regards
    Peter McCoy

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the details.I have experienced that you site is blank now, there is no page published yet.I have also noticed that there are certain third party plugins installed on your server but required plugins are not installed there.I suggest you to first install all the required plugins and then start adding content there.Hope it will work for you.

P.S. Please deactivate all third party/external plugins before proceeding further.

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi Manish,

As per my issue with the plug-ins not showing and your great work to find that some were standing in the way of your plug-ins showing up, I’ve found only 1 third party plug-in that would prevent your plug-ins from showing at the top of the page. This has since been deleted and I’m about to start adding content to the site and see if that cures the “Error 404” message.

Cheers
    Peter

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Manish,

I’ve just tried to change the Header type from Header 1 to Header 2, thinking I’d see the results of it in the screen to the right of the options I’m using – in a similar way to changing the colours or the logo. I also expected to see the menu options (as shown when customising the Header record (like Home, Pages, etc) to appear when changing the Header type.

Nothing happened and the “Error 404 – Not Found” message still appears. Is that because I still haven’t added content yet? For the Header, I wouldn’t have thought that would make any difference?

Also as I’m new to this, is there any documentation – apart from the couple of words under an option – that tell you in a little more detail what each of the options are and what they are used for?

Cheers and thanks for your help
    peter

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago

@peter_99,

Can you please share FTP details of your server here in private reply as I need to check certain files which are not accessible through wp editor.

There is documentation available for the Native Church Theme, it covers most of the aspects about setting the theme up:
    https://docs.imithemes.com/doc/native-church/

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Manish,

I’ve got the details, but how do I get them to you in private??

Cheers
    Peter

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Manish,

As mentioned in my previous reply, I have the FTP details from my hosting company (SiteGround) but I’m not sure how to get them to you securely. But I’ve had another thought.

Instead of spending time trying to find and fix the current problem, would it be easier to have SiteGround blow my website away (or re-install WordPress and begin building the content again from scratch with a clean WordPress) then re-install the NativeChurch theme I’ve purchased? What are your thoughts??

If you’d rather continue, can I start adding Posts, Pages and Menus to my website, or will this only complicate your investigation and analysis of the issues??

Cheers
    Peter

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Peter,

You can go ahead with the fresh install.Please make sure you have no plugins installed prior to theme activation.After activating the theme, you just need to install all the required/bundled plugins with the theme.
    Since you are new to this theme, I also suggest you to use “Demo Import” if you are planning to have the same layout as we have on our demo site.In this way you will get the whole demo on your website where you can change the images and content as per your need.

P.S. The best way to import the demo on your website is to use the “ Click Demo Importer” available at Theme Options > Demo Importer.

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Manish,

I’m not sure whether I want to build the website using page builder or templates. If I download both demo’s, will they conflict with each other??

Also, how long should each demo take to download?

Cheers
    Peter

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

@peter_99,

1)Both the demo imports will give you the same demo website the only difference is the way content is built in for the pages. With page templates all the data is entered using the custom fields available page template wise and in demo with page builder everything is built using the page builder widgets. Page builder data is more flexible when you need to reorder the content of pages. You should import only one of the demo on a single website.

2)The demo import majorly relies on the website hosting server compared to the internet connection.Please make sure your server is configured minimum to the suggested settings here: http://support.imithemes.com/how-to-increase-the-wordpress-file-upload-size/

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Manish,

I imported the Templates demo whereas, based on your info, I probably should have imported the Page Builder demo. Sorry to ask again, but is there any way to uninstall the Templates demo so I could install Demo 2?

Regards
    Peter

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Peter,

To replace a demo with other you must clear the database tables of your website or use a different new database. You can also manually delete the demo content you need to go to all posts, pages, services, projects, menus to delete them all but it will be quite time consuming and confusing for you so I suggest you to use a new blank database and re-import the required demo data on your server.

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Manish,

Apparently the only way I can get a new database to do the Page Builder demo on, is to remove my current installation of WordPress and go through the process once more of installing WordPress and NativeChurch, then doing the demo2 install.

But before I go down this route, even though I’ve installed the templates demo, can I edit / create new pages using Page Builder (either with the SiteOrigin Page Builder or by installing and using the Elementor Page Builder) in the current database – ie the one with the Templates demo installed?

Cheers
    Peter

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Peter,

Yes you can use Page Builder by SiteOrigin and create new pages in the current database.There will be no issue in doing that.

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks Manish.

A question from left-field, do you know whether your themes work with the Elementor Page Builder?

Cheers
    Peter

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

@peter_99,

Officially we support Page Builder by SiteOrigin plugin with this theme but you can try any other plugin if it works for you.

Thanks

Peter_99
    Participant
    # 2 months, 2 weeks ago

This is now resolved

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Great! Thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Error 404 – Not Found’ is closed to new replies.