This topic is: resolved

Event Countdown not showing same day events

• techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I am having and issue with the event countdown timer on the front page of our website.

http://www.whitewaterworship.org/

The countdown will show the next event until it comes to the same day of the event. Then it will skip to the next event coming and will not show that days countdown. For example I have a meeting on Wednesday and on that day the next coming event will show Sunday. Even when the Wednesday event still has quite a few hours before it is scheduled to begin.

I have looked through all the place I can find, I have ensured the site timezone is correct and I am not sure what else to look at. Any ideas?

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi there

Choose Events display time as “End Time” at Theme Options => Event Options http://d.pr/i/gW3ZM9

Thanks

techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

It is on end time. Any more ideas? I have had it set on end time from the beginning.

Sorry I was out of town for a week and for some reason this thread did not update me with email notices.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting you soon. Meanwhile it would be great if you can share your website’s wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for him to check the issue. Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Hi @techietrooper,

Please share your site’s admin details here in private reply so that I can check issue there.

Thanks

techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

@techietrooper,

Thanks for the details but these are not working.Can you please check once again.

Thanks

techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    grafikdetail
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

i’m having the same issue 🙁

ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@techietrooper,

I have created a current day event on your server but didn’t experience such issue.It is displaying on home page inside counter section & upcoming event section as well.Please see below screen:
    https://d.pr/huMwtz/5YJ1MC31

I have also noticed that the timezone is set to UTC.Please set your timezone at Settings > General to a city/state/country/near place instead of UTC to make the events’s date/time work correctly.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months ago
    grafikdetail
    Participant
    # 11 months ago
    ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@grafikdetail,

Please follow on that thread, you’ll get a reply very soon.

Thanks

techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

I am not able to duplicate what you show. If you watch the current event on the countdown, which is a bible study for the 13th. As of this post it has 18 hours to go. It starts on 7pm eastern time and ends 8:30 pm. If you watch the site that event will be gone from the front page by this time on the 13th if it does what it has been doing.

I have adjusted the UTC to our time zone. UTC -5 is EST which is what the site is set on (see attached). I am frustrated with this because I am unable to get an event to show like you did. Now, one thing is that most events are reoccurring ones. Could this have an effect?

I have done test posts like you did and it worked fine. When I input actual reoccurring events it never works properly. They disappear from the front page it seems within 12 hours or so. That is an estimate.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

Please also note that I did just change the time zone settings to New York instead of the UTC-5 manual offset. (see attached image)

That should not make a difference, but we will see.

Attachments:
    techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

One more update. I think I have discovered the issue. We will watch and see. The current event for Dec 13th with the UTC-5 setting noted an 18 hour countdown. When I changed to New York on the time zone the countdown shifted to 1 day and 10 hours, which does account for the early disappearance of events.

The thing is, UTC -5 is supposedly eastern standard time which should be the same as New York, but it looks like that is not the case in WordPress. Please do not close this thread until I watch the countdown for the next 48 hours to verify this is what was occurring.

ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@techietrooper,

UTC time is not accurate for the events so it’s recommended to use nearby state instead of UTC to make the events’s date/time work correctly.
    You can take your time to check the things.If you still find any issue, please let us know. 🙂

Thanks

techietrooper
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

Thank you for the help I have attached a screen clip of the countdown and it seems all is working so far. I guess you can call this closed. The attached image shows the timer with 6 hours to go which never happened before so it seems to be working.

Interesting, I would have expected UTC to be more accurate than a nearby city. Oh well. Thank you.

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@techietrooper,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved now. 🙂
    I am closing this thread.

Thanks for informing

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Event Countdown not showing same day events’ is closed to new replies.