This topic is: not resolved

Eventer ticketing

• sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi Eventer,

I am struggling to get the ticketing right for the events I am running on my website http://www.challonerandfriends.com.

1. I am struggling with the count of the two emails that get sent out to customers.Difficult to understand and confusing with two similar emails going out to customers once they book a free event.
    2. Tickets only seem to have first name, not full name. How do I rectify this.
    3. How do I change the email headers to make it clear to customers?
    4. Can I approve bookings on free events so the customer does not receive two emails from the booking system at once? Very confusing for them.
    5. How do I not show‘Future Events’ and ‘Print’ on the event pages?

Thank you so much.

Sean.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 months, 4 weeks ago

@nitin Can you please assist on this asap? Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Hello

1. I have tried booking an event and got only single email, please let me know the email that users are receiving for twice.
    2. Sorry, but there is not such any option available to have last name in tickets, we are adding this option for future version of plugin.
    3. Have you activated any SMTP plugin, if not please install any WP mail smtp plugin.
    4. Free tickets are automatically approved by default, please let me know the email that are forwarded twice, so that i could check.
    5. Please add below code in Dashboard->Appearance->Customize->Additional Css field.
    .eventer-actions li:nth-child(1), .eventer-actions li:nth-child(4) {
    display: none;
    }

Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi Nitin,

Thank you!

1. I was getting a second email when trialling yesterday. Did you receive this? I just asked a friend to book the beer festival and he has not yet received the second email that had the ticket attached. Maybe this is not happening now for some reason? Not sure what has changed. Great if this is the case. But can the link to the ticket be in the first email? Perhaps I need to chat to you over Skype to work out these emails and the content of them? This I think is the only thing stopping me send out the invitations at the moment for the school.

2. Ok. A good idea to have the surname on it too. Also the option to download it to phone to show from smart phone rather than having to print the ticket (that’s quite old fashioned now to have to print tickets).

3. Sorry, I am not sure what you mean, or how I should do this. Can you help?

4. Attached is the main/first email I received when booking. Weirdly, I asked a friend to do the booking for the beer festival; he got an email with the blue banners, and I got one with the green banners (attached). So how do I change the email the customer gets? I seem to be getting a different version.

5. Done. Thank you.

Added issue: Not sure what you tweaked but this page has now gone back to what you had to change before (so not reflecting what is in wordpress) – do you remember? https://challonerandfriends.com/events/
    Sean.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Nitin,

Just a bit concerned about the above as the parents and school community will be booking for the events from today. Can you help with the points at all?

It is a bit concerning that this page has reverted back to something that you changed to work last week – not sure why it’s like it is again: https://challonerandfriends.com/events/

Many thanks,

Sean.

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hello

Please disable field that mention in below shortcode, this resolve the issue of above template issue.
    https://d.pr/i/S5J8tr

Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Please provide the topic URL which is having the details of WP, so that i could check rest of the points.

Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Awesome! Template issue resolved! 🙂 Thank you Nitin.

Sorry, what do you mean by ‘topic URL which is having the details of WP’?

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I need the WP details of the server, if you have already posted somewhere then provide the URL of that topic otherwise you can post here in private reply.

Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Nitin,

Sorry if I am confused. I believe you need the event url I am having trouble with? The event the school are promoting to everyone today is:
    https://challonerandfriends.com/events/beer-and-food-festival/edate/2018-07-01/

It’s a free event. But I just want to make sure everything works:
    1. The email they receive contains the correct information and looks like the website (colours etc).

2. The ticket the receive is in the email they get and has the right information on it (full name).

This ok?

Sean.

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I thought it would be easier to write each point out. This is what I am struggling to get right for the Beer and Food Festival for the school event on the website using Eventer:

Pop up when you click ‘BOOK TICKETS’
    1. There are 6 text fields (First name, email, last name, phone, address and notes). Can this form be customised to be different for each event?

2, Is there a way of having a consent box so that we can ask two things (event specific so not on all events) (or maybe it has to be on all events – we can adjust wording if this is the case) – text to accompany tick box: ‘I am over 18 years and I have read and agree to Challoner and Friends’ Privacy Policy’ with link to the Privacy Policy.

When you complete the above and click ‘Choose Tickets’
    3. Registrant1 just shows the first name. This should really show the surname as well otherwise you cannot tell who is who when people turn up with tickets showing just their first name. What can we do here?

When you click the ‘REGISTER’ button
    4. The text ‘Order#’ should really be ‘Ticket#’. Can this be changed?

5. ‘Thank you Kindly’ text and font. Can this be customised? Also, can a logo be added in this area as well?

When you click ‘View Ticket’
    6. Attendee’s name needs to be in full. You cannot run events only seeing someone’s first name on the ticket.

7. There is ‘PRINT’ at the bottom of the ticket. Can a ‘SAVE’ function be added so that people can save the ticket to their phone/computer so that they do not need to print? We want to discourage unnecessary printing for environmental purposes.

8. Can a bespoke event note be added to the bottom of the ticket? ie ‘Please bring copy of ticket with you’ or ‘Please save ticket to you phone to show for event entry’.

When the email is sent to the customer
    9. We need to change the title of email from ‘Ticket Registration email’ to ‘Ticket & Details – {Event}’

10. Colours to change from blue to #006000 – the website colours

11. ‘Dear {NAME}’ and ‘View Ticket’ button to also be in green (#006000).

12. Add ‘View Ticket’ button next to the ‘View Event’ button. Link then takes you to the pop up ticket to ‘save’.

13. Transaction ID. Why is this so long? Can we change this please to a more acceptable and clearer format? What are the possibilities?

14. Payment details section. Change order. ‘Amount paid’ first, then ‘Payment status’, then Reg ID, then trans ID.

15. Ticket details section. I see {ticket3} row in my email.

16. Registrants details section. Change yellow box to green (#006000)

17. Why does {LAST NAME} show up next to the first name rather than the actually last name.

18. Where is the link to the ticket? See number 12 above.

The two emails admin gets when a booking is made.
    19. What is the difference between ‘Ticket Pre Registration Email’ and ‘Ticket Registration Email’?

20. Can I change the email(s) that the above two emails (in number 18 above) go to? I want it to go to two different email address rather than the sean@altimise.com it currently gets sent to. Is this possible? If so, where can I change it?

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Could you please provide WP Credentials in private reply?
    Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Nitin,

I am on my mobile phone atbhe moment and no access to the wp admin info. The details were sent on a different thread to you. Do you have access to this information?

Sean.

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

@nitin Please follow up on this. Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hello

1. Sorry, but this could not be possible with current version of plugin. You can contact envato@imithemes.com for the custom quotation of the requirement.
    2. Yes, you can create checkbox for that in booking form, but this would be remain same for all events. You can add checkbox from shortcode settings of Eventer.
    3. You can just remove last name field from booking form, which can be removed from Form Fields section of Events Settings tab.
    4. Yes, this can be done by using any translation plugin like locotranslate.
    5. You can change string through locotranslate plugin, but adding logo is also a customized work.
    6. Same as Point# 3
    7. Users also got tickets as attachment at email too after successful payment.
    8. Tickets layout feature is coming for future version of plugin, as already added for that.
    9. Can be done by translation plugin.
    10. You can change color from Event settings page.
    12. Please provide any screenshot for that you are referring.
    13. What would you like to have instead of that.
    14. Are you asking for content on email.
    15. Yes, we have already noticed this bug that three tickets are in attachment while only registrant ticket.
    16. Are you asking for category color.
    Checking for rest of the points too.

Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Nitin,

Thank you. Just taken each point in turn that you responded to…event I am working on is: https://challonerandfriends.com/events/beer-and-food-festival/edate/2018-07-01/

Pop up when you click ‘BOOK TICKETS’
    1. Ok. I will email to get customisation on this when ready.

2. I asked about consent tick box. I did what you said but I cannot seem to create a link to the Privacy Policy for people to click to view in new window before they click the consent button. How can I do this?

When you complete the above and click ‘Choose Tickets’
    3. Registrant1 just shows the first name. This should really show the surname as well otherwise you cannot tell who is who when people turn up with tickets showing just their first name. What can we do here?

You stated: ‘You can just remove last name field from booking form, which can be removed from Form Fields section of Events Settings tab.’

I am not sure this answers my original question. Please see above and please advise how I add the surname, not remove it (it’s not there in the first place).

When you click the ‘REGISTER’ button
    4. The text ‘Order#’ should really be ‘Ticket#’. Can this be changed?
    5. ‘Thank you Kindly’ text and font. Can this be customised? Also, can a logo be added in this area as well?

I will ask a develop to change points 4 and 5 above for me in the future. Thank you.

When you click ‘View Ticket’
    6. Attendee’s name needs to be in full. You cannot run events only seeing someone’s first name on the ticket.

You stated: ‘Same as Point# 3’

Again, I am o not sure 3 answered by question. Please advise.

7. There is ‘PRINT’ at the bottom of the ticket. Can a ‘SAVE’ function be added so that people can save the ticket to their phone/computer so that they do not need to print? We want to discourage unnecessary printing for environmental purposes.

You stated: Users also got tickets as attachment at email too after successful payment.

But…this is a free event. So how do they get the tickets? Please explain.

8. Can a bespoke event note be added to the bottom of the ticket? ie ‘Please bring copy of ticket with you’ or ‘Please save ticket to you phone to show for event entry’.

Thank you for response to this regarding a future update. I look forward to this. Great!

When the email is sent to the customer
    9. We need to change the title of email from ‘Ticket Registration email’ to ‘Ticket & Details – {Event}’

You state: ‘Can be done by translation plugin.’

Can you mention the translation plug in you would use? I will need a develop for this.

10. Colours to change from blue to #006000 – the website colours

You state: ‘You can change color from Event settings page.’

I have tried but still blue. I am not sure where I am going wrong. Terminology used in settings is slightly confusing. Thank you.

11. ‘Dear {NAME}’ and ‘View Ticket’ button to also be in green (#006000).

Still awaiting your reply.

12. Add ‘View Ticket’ button next to the ‘View Event’ button. Link then takes you to the pop up ticket to ‘save’.

This is a question for someone to add. Is this possible? If so, how can I get this ‘View Ticket’ button added? Thank you.

13. Transaction ID. Why is this so long? Can we change this please to a more acceptable and clearer format? What are the possibilities?

You state: ‘What would you like to have instead of that.’

Can I have the following: #### – #### (the first four letters/numbers are the event code (ie Beer Festival could be ‘BAF8’) and the second set of four numbers are the number of people (ie 12th person booking would be 0012). So ticket number would be BAF8-0012. This possible?

14. Payment details section. Change order. ‘Amount paid’ first, then ‘Payment status’, then Reg ID, then trans ID.

You state: Are you asking for content on email.

Yes. Please advice.

15. Ticket details section. I see {ticket3} row in my email.

You state: Yes, we have already noticed this bug that three tickets are in attachment while only registrant ticket.

Thank you.

16. Registrants details section. Change yellow box to green (#006000)

You state: ‘Are you asking for category color.’

I am not sure what you mean, but yes I believe so. The title of the section to be green rather than the yellow it currently is. Thank you.

17. Why does {LAST NAME} show up next to the first name rather than the actually last name.

Still awaiting your reply. Thank you.

18. Where is the link to the ticket? See number 12 above.

The two emails admin gets when a booking is made.
    19. What is the difference between ‘Ticket Pre Registration Email’ and ‘Ticket Registration Email’?

20. Can I change the email(s) that the above two emails (in number 18 above) go to? I want it to go to two different email address rather than the sean@altimise.com it currently gets sent to. Is this possible? If so, where can I change it?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hello

2. Please check, i have added link for Terms&Condition checkbox in form field field of booking, you just need to add URL to that section.
    3. I was asking for to change First name field with only Name and remove last name, then users will enter full name to that field.
    7. Please let me know if currently users are not getting tickets after registration.
    9. You can use locotranslate plugin for this.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/
    10. Please provide any screenshot that will show the sections that are not matching with theme’s color scheme.
    11. I can already have those in theme’s matching color.
    12. sorry, but this can not be possible with current version of plugin, but we are already working for dashboard for registrants feature.
    13. Sorry, you will also need to contact envato@imithemes.com for the custom quotation of this requirement.
    14. Yes, you can do this by making changes in Email template settings of Eventer.
    16. Please provide screenshot of the issue.
    17. What would you like to have Last name instead?
    18. I can see tickets do not attached in email, looking into this issue.
    19. Ticket pre registration is the details of registrant that fills just before jumping to order complete state and this mail only forwarded to event manager.
    20. The email used to send event information is the Organizer of event, you can change them from Organizers of event only.

Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

Hello

Please check, as event details page is redirecting to below page.
    https://challonerandfriends.com/profile/edit/

Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

Oh dear. That shouldn’t be happening. I see what you mean. DO you know what is going on as the url showing when i hover over ‘event’ link is challonerandfriends.com/events but it goes to /profile/edit as you say.

Is this a bug or something in wordpress?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 months ago

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 months ago

Hello

You need to make changes for the issue in Userpro plugin, as this plugin is redirecting pages to its profile page.

Thanks

sean
    Participant
    # 4 months ago

How do I do this?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.