This topic is: not resolved

Events Posting to Calendar With Incorrect Time

Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi,
    I’m not sure when times began displaying incorrectly on my events, but they all seem to be showing a time 16 hours earlier than the events actually begin/began (the time is also showing incorrectly on old events). I’m quite sure old events used to be correct.

Examples:

Scholastic Sale on Nov. 5 started at 3 pm. Calendar now shows 11 pm (wrong time but correct date). See attached.

All Things Jane on Jan. 3 starts at 6:30 pm. Calendar shows 2:30 am (again, wrong time but correct date). See attached.

All Things Jane appears as a “featured event.” In the circle bearing the date of the event in the “featured event” section, there is a 4 instead of a 3. The time is still showing as 2:30 am there, too. So wrong time and date. See attached.

Jane event is at http://modestolibraryfriends.org/?event=all-things-jane&event_date=2020-01-03

In Settings>general>/timezone, I have Los Angeles, as I should.

WP and all plugins are updated.

I just added a new event by cloning an old one. The time on the new event (Used Book Sale 2020) is NOT off by 16 hours, but it IS displaying the end time of 3 pm instead of the start time of 8 am; but maybe it’s just a coincidence that the displayed time is the event’s end time.

Do you have any tips on how to correct both old and new event start times on the site?

I will send login info in a separate message.

Thank you,
    Ellen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Participant
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

Hello
    I had a problem with 1 day difference but that was resolved after the latest update. But now I have 1 hour difference in the calendar. The event is good but on the calendar there is an hour diference. Can you please tell me how to resolve this issue ?
    The website is htttps://grainesdesavoirs.com

Thanks
    Mieke

Participant
    # 4 months ago

Hello

I still have a problem with time display. All events in calendar are 1 hour ahead of what it should be. In stead of 18:00 it is 19:00 and that changed suddenly for all events without any changes…
    Could you please look at that ?
    thanks

Miee

Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

I have the same problem with the date being off by 1 day on the Event listing. As you can see, our Friday Night events has Saturday’s Dates.

Were you able to get this resolved?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello,

Yes I was able to resolve the issue. I changed the time settings in wordpress from local to UTC and then it was OK again. I found this on the site of fullcalendar where I found also the option to change this setting in the php file. But finally I found that changing the settings in WordPress worked also.

I hope this helps you to solve your problem.

Regards

Participant
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

Thank you, mitts, for your reply, but I am still unable to resolve my time/date issues. It doesn’t matter whether I use UTC or local. I am using just whatever event feature is built in to WordPress, not a separate plugin. That may also be part of the problem. When/if I find a solution, I will post it.

Participant
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

Problem solved! I had not updated my theme since I purchased it nearly two years ago. I must have deleted the Envato Market plugin, not knowing that was how the theme updated. Once I reinstalled it, and updated from v.2.4 to 2.7, events began posting with correct dates/times again.

You can update the theme using Envato Market plugin https://envato.com/market-plugin/

Be well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.