This topic is: resolved

Free Event Registration

• Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Hello

I have question regarding free Event Registration.
    We are organizing really big event , expecting around 2000-3000 People.
    Event will be free event.
    Single day event – 9am-1pm.

So couple of questions:

1-How can we enable free event registration so that person can register directly from an event page on our website .

2-Is there any possibility to create and assign QR code to each person who register for the event

3-How to avoid duplicate , means one person cannot register 2 times.

4- can we save the event registration data directly into excel or somewhere.

5-Does our(native church theme) event manager can easily handle this ?
    OR
    some better options are there .

Appreciate your response

Thanks

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Hi there

1. See this http://d.pr/i/xXFzFp If guest registration is enabled then your users won’t need to login/register before registering for the event.

2. Sorry, not available in the theme

3. As of now any user can register for any number of time. Needs customization for this in theme core.

4. You can see registrations list in your WP Dashboard => Events => Events Payments

5. Some of things you need are not possible with theme’s built in event functionality, some of them can be done with customization in theme core. A better option can be our Event plugin: https://codecanyon.net/item/eventer-wordpress-event-manager-plugin/20972534 which will offer you QR code on tickets and some other functions.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Thanks for the response.

As per your response(1) below,I tried for free event registration but its giving me error.
    please see screenshot.

1. See this http://d.pr/i/xXFzFp If guest registration is enabled then your users won’t need to login/register before registering for the event.

Error.see screen shot

3. As of now any user can register for any number of time. Needs customization for this in theme core.
    Once we can do free event registration then I really appreciate if you can help me in customizing theme core.I will let you know.

5. A better option can be our Event plugin: https://codecanyon.net/item/eventer-wordpress-event-manager-plugin/20972534 which will offer you QR code on tickets and some other functions.
    We will think about it.

http://svbrahmakumaris.org/

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Appreciate your quick response :
    —————————————————————-
    As per your response(1) below,I tried for free event registration but its giving me error.
    please see screenshot.

Error.see screen shot

Once we can do free event registration then I really appreciate if you can help me in customizing theme core.I will let you know.

5. A better option can be our Event plugin: https://codecanyon.net/item/eventer-wordpress-event-manager-plugin/20972534 which will offer you QR code on tickets and some other functions.
    We will think about it.

http://svbrahmakumaris.org/

Thanks

Attachments:

Attachments:
    Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Hello ,

I am waiting for response for last 2 days , Really appreciate is you can help:

As per helpdesk response :

***See this http://d.pr/i/xXFzFp
    If guest registration is enabled then your users won’t need to login/register before registering for the event.****

I tried for event registration ,”it for free event” but its giving me error.
    please see screenshot attached

And please if you can help me how to resolve this .

Thanks

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Hi @bkmilpitas,

Please make sure you must have added added email address in the PayPal email field at Appearance > Payment Options.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Thanks .

some more questions, please help to resolve :

1-When I register for an event , confirmation email is going to junk.
    How to stop that ? (Any option , other than adding email address in our contact)

2-How to change subject of confirmation email from “Registration for event ” to Registration for “event name”

3-Email is going from “WordPress”<registrants name>,
    and even registrants also receive confirmation from “WordPress”<svbrahmakumaris email>
    how to change this text “wordpress”?

4-I can see all the registrants data in Events Payment ?If I want to delete , how can I do that ? 5- Also, Is there any possibility , if I want to save all the registrants data in excel or .csv file.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

@bkmilpitas,

Please give me some time to review these points.I’ll get back to you asap.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@bkmilpitas,

1)Can you please share your site’s admin details here in private reply so that I can check it there.

2)You can change it inside “single-event.php” file nearby line no. 329:

<h4 class="modal-title" id="myModalLabel"><?php _e('Registration for Event: ','framework'); ?><span class="accent-color payment-to-cause"><?php the_title(); ?></span></h4>

3)please share your site’s admin details here in private reply so that I can check it there.

4)Sorry but event registrants could not be deleted from theme.

5)There is no built in way to export the registrants as of now. We will consider it to add in future updates.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 11 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@bkmilpitas,

Thanks for the details.

1)I tested this on your server by created a test event there.Once I registered for the event, I got confirmation mail in my inbox with certain details :
    https://d.pr/3ECIsZ/31guGGF3

Please let me know are you getting mail inside spam folder?

3)Can you please share a screenshot regarding this issue where you find the text “wordpress”.

5)Data of registrants is stored in the database.You need to delete it from there only inside “wp_imic_payment_transaction” table.
    P.S. Please keep backup of your database somewhere in your system before doing any changes there.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 11 months ago
    ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@bkmilpitas,

Please give me some time to review these points.I’ll get back to you asap.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@bkmilpitas,

1)Emails sent through WordPress go to junk folder several times. You can set any of those email to “Not Spam” and they should come into inbox in future.

2) & 3) Please add below code inside “functions.php” file of your child theme and let me know if it works for you:

function remove_from_wordpress($email){
    $wpfrom = get_option(‘blogname’);
    return $wpfrom;
    }

add_filter(‘wp_mail_from_name’, ‘remove_from_wordpress’);

P.S. Please take care of single quotes(‘) while copying code from here.Keep it like it has been done for other queries inside template file.

4)It’s a table inside database.You need to access database from your cpanel. I suggest you to delete the data from database table only if you are comfortable/proficient in doing that.

5)If you have 2 events in a particular week, you can create 2 separate events.User will get register for both events separately and will receive separate mails for both events.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 10 months, 4 weeks ago
    ManishManish
    # 10 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi @bkmilpitas,

1)By default there is no way you can define this in a form as it totally depends on your email client where you are receiving the emails to honor the incoming emails or put them in junk folder. However you can give a try to this plugin, if it works for you: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

I am looking for other points and get back to you very soon.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 10 months, 2 weeks ago
    ManishManish
    # 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi @bkmilpitas,

Sorry for the delayed response.

2) & 3)I have edited the code on your server and it should work now.Please check once at your end as well.

5)I have checked both the points and experienced that you have “Guest Registration” enabled that’s why user is able to register multiple times.Basically “Guest registration” is nothing but recording the guest’s information for official purposes.To avoid duplicate registration, it will require customization in theme’s files.I suggest you to contact envato@imithemes.com for best result on this.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the response.

2) & 3)I have edited the code on your server and it should work now.Please check once at your end as well.

Me: Now something new is happening . When I create dummy event and try to register for event then it redirects me to paypal page .As you know all our events will be free events.It should not redirect to paypal.
    How to resolve this?
    see the screenshots attached .

Yes , now organizer & registrants both receive email from svbrahmakumaris. Thats working .Thanks alot

——————————-

5)I have checked both the points and experienced that you have “Guest Registration” enabled that’s why user is able to register multiple times.Basically “Guest registration” is nothing but recording the guest’s information for official purposes.To avoid duplicate registration, it will require customization in theme’s files.I suggest you to contact envato@imithemes.com for best result on this.

me:
    As per our requirement , guest should be able to register.

I really appreciate if imithemes support can help because we have purchased extended support from them.

Please can you do it by making the changes in database.
    If each event has its own event ID and email address becomes primary key unique then we can avoid duplicate.

Really Really appreciate if you can resolve this .

Thanks

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 10 months, 2 weeks ago

@bkmilpitas,

2) & 3)Can you please share the event page URL from where you are redirecting to paypal page as I tested it with some other free event but it simply register and generates the ticket:
    https://d.pr/Ta9G5L

5)We understand your concern but very sorry to say that there is no such built-in feature and it requires customization in files which is out of our support scope.However, you can contact envato@imithemes.com for any kind of requirement.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 10 months, 2 weeks ago
    ManishManish
    # 10 months, 2 weeks ago

@bkmilpitas,

2) & 3) a) If “event Registration” is enabled and “guest registration” is disabled, it will ask user to get register for event.

b)If guest registration is enabled then your users won’t need to login/register before registering for the event.It simply ask for the details and generates the ticket without redirecting to paypal if it’s free .Please see below screen URL, I have also checked it without login to the account:
    https://d.pr/pxKRW7

Please share the event URL if you still facing any issue there.

5)a) Event management feature includes registration(Login/register & Guest registration).I checked the same on your server & it works well there.Please share the event URL where you are not able to register so that I can check it there.

b) Sorry, but customized services are not covered under the support policy of Envato http://themeforest.net/item_support/what_is_item_support/12837512

Still, we are always here to assist you with them but doing it all by us won’t be possible.

Thanks

Divine Soul
    Participant
    # 10 months ago
    ManishManish
    # 10 months ago

@bkmilpitas,

Yes, ticket number is unique for each registration.

Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Free Event Registration’ is closed to new replies.