This topic is: not resolved

header menu non-anchor links width < 992

• zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

I attempted to add a link to another page in the main-naviagation menu. Adding the below line at line 52 in index.html will do the trick.

<li><a href="./index2.html">TEST</a></li>

In IE and Chrome (works fine in firefox) when the screen width is set to less than 992, when clicking the link from the menu, it does not open the link or close the menu. I tested this on my Andriod mobile device and experienced the same.

How can I get this link to work on mobile devices?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

Hi there

I just tested the same on my test site and found it working on Firefox and Chrome on Mac. I do not have IE at the moment. Can you let me know which version of IE and Chrome you are testing on?

Thanks

zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

Chrome – Version 49.0.2623.87 m
    IE – I guess it was actually Microsoft Edge

zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

also, look like 991 actually works, but 990 doesn’t. There also appears to be inconsistent results. If you open the page being an initial width > 990 and then changing to smaller compared to opening the page with the initial width < 990

KCKC
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

Hi zoomequipd,

Are you able to share a screenshot of the issue there? Also, could you please share your Website URL with us so we could have a better look at it? You can use the private reply option below. 🙂

Thanks!

KC

zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

provided “private reply” containing video of issues and link to test page. Can you confirm that this was received?

KCKC
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

Hi zoomequipd,

I’m able to see the video there. That looks complicated. We’ll help where we can here. Just letting you know that I’m looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

any updates?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

@zoomequipd Can you try removing below function from init.js file inside js folder?
    if(Modernizr.touch && $(window).width() < 991 ) {
    $(".sf-menu > li > a").click(function(e){
    $(".main-navigation").slideUp();
    e.preventDefault();
    });
    }

If this doesn’t help alone then try removing below function from there as well:
    $(window).resize(function(){
    if ($(window).width() > 992){
    $(".main-navigation").css("display","block");
    } else {
    $(".main-navigation").css("display","none");
    }
    });

Thanks

zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago

Having tested this, there are undesirable side effects presented.

by removing this section

The “external” link works works when the screen is initially opened with a small width, but the menu does not slide up when any of the other links are clicked.

After having issues with just the above, I actually found the below code in two places

once starting at line 392 and the next starting at line 265. I first by commenting out the block starting at line 392. This means that both code blocks ($(window).resize(function(){ and if(Modernizr.touch && $(window).width() < 991 ) { commented out.

The “external” link works works when the screen is initially opened with a small width, but the menu does not slide up when any of the other links are clicked.

Next I commented out the line block starting at 265 in addition to the two other blocks. This did not change the behavior.

zoomequipd
    Participant
    # 2 years, 8 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.