This topic is: resolved

[Updated] How to create a Mega Menu

• AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

Here is a video describing the process of creating a Mega Menu. You can also assign mega menu columns to your already made menus. Be aware that you put mega menu columns to a parent nav link as sub links. Mega menu columns won’t work if placed as Top Level Link. To assign a parent nav item with no link you can create a custom link in the Appearance > Menus and put javascript:; in the url.

More description:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    thenixonbrand
    Participant
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

I followed the instructions on the mega menu and it doesn’t give me the option to create a column under “Mega Menu Example”. Does it only work on the child theme?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

Hi There

It works with both parent and child themes. Do you have Mega Menu Box in the left sidebar of Appearance > Menus page?

Thanks

cbcwestmidlands
    Participant
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

I have followed the video but still dont understand how to add that to my Header/Primary Menu.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

You can get the mega menu box at left sidebar by activating it from the “Screen Options” that is at the top right of the Menus page. Check mega menu there and it will appear at the left sidebar of the page

Thanks

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

It seems like you are using an old version of theme. Follow this post to get the theme updates with in your dashboard: http://support.imithemes.com/how-to-get-theme-updates-notifications-with-in-your-wordpress-dahsboard/

Thanks

cbcwestmidlands
    Participant
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

I have Native Church 1.3.1. How do I add the Mega Menu to my Main Menu?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

@cbcwestmidlands Please follow the video in this post to create mega menu. If getting any issue just let me know 🙂

Thanks

cbcwestmidlands
    Participant
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

I have followed the video, but it does not show how to then add it to the main menu..

frolofshojd
    Participant
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

Ï would like to add clickable images in my mega menu. Is there any way I can do that?

frolofshojd
    Participant
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

@cbcwestmidlands

In the top you will see “Screen Options” click on that tab and check the box saying “Mega Menu” and the option will be there =)

cbcwestmidlands
    Participant
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

Yes I have got that, I have created the Mega Menu. But how do I insert it into my websites main menu? When I try it just messes it up.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

@frolofshojd Thanks for your help 🙂

@cbcwestmidlands It will mess up if you put the mega menu column as the parent link. Mega menu Columns should be a sub item of any nav link. Like it is in the video.

Thanks

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 7 months ago

@frolofshojd You can put any html in the mega menu columns. See this image for putting image with a link: http://i58.tinypic.com/25s0d1g.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks

summer86
    Participant
    # 4 years, 6 months ago

But how to put a video there and also the ones showing up on “Sermons” Page or any blog page?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 6 months ago

@summer86 You can straightly put the vimeo/youtube embed code in the textarea available for all mega menu columns and it will show up there 🙂

Thanks

siva
    Participant
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

How to insert the “Mega Menu” in to the main header menu..???

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

Hi There

Please follow up the video in the post 🙂 If you can’t see the mega menu column in the left sidebar of “menus” page then follow this post: Please follow this post for this: http://support.imithemes.com/forums/topic/megamenu-missing/

Hope it helps.
    Thanks

siva
    Participant
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

I can see the MEGA MENU in Apperance – Menu section …. But for some reason , the MEGA MENU is not showing up in the website header menu section.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

@siva please share your website URL with me to let me have a look at that.

Thanks

siva
    Participant
    # 4 years, 4 months ago
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

@siva I can not see any mega menu in the header main menu. If you could go to check the video at the top of this topic again then you would be able to see how to do it correctly. You would have to enable the mega menu when you put the columns.

Thanks

siva
    Participant
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

I created the “MEGA MENU” along with the columns. But still the “MEGA MENU” is not showing up in the header menu.

Let me know the solution ASAP.

Thank you

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

Hi siva

Have you checked this checkbox which is saying “enable mega menu” in each column which you had created?

Thanks
    Nitin Sharma

siva
    Participant
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

@nitin Sharma – I enabled that too. But still its not showing up

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.