This topic is: resolved

[Updated] How to create a Mega Menu

• Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 6 years, 4 months ago

Hi

I had checked your website, the third tab of header menu is mega menu with two columns. Are you asking about this mega menu or another one?

Thanks
    Nitin Sharma

Participant
    # 6 years, 4 months ago

Hi

I figured it out and fixed it. Thank you so much

Siva

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 6 years, 4 months ago

Hi

Great.

Thanks
    Nitin Sharma

Participant
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

I get a message directing me to view this tutorial in YouTube. In YouTube there is no sound with the tutorial. Other YouTube files play with sound OK. Please check your file? Could you elaborate on setting up a megamenu as a sub link please

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Hi

Thanks for using our theme.
    That video having sound issue. Please let me know what would you like to insert in mega menu columns.
    Please look into the below forum topics for mega menu.
    http://support.imithemes.com/forums/topic/colums-in-the-drop-down-menu/#post-2933
    http://support.imithemes.com/forums/topic/pages-in-mega-menu/#post-4008

Thanks
    Nitin Sharma

Participant
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Hey Guys,

Still struggling adding pictures and getting formatting correct with the mega menus, what brand of mega menu are you using? Is there documentation or a website link we can use to get custom styling options and css classes (for those that don’t know much about them)?
    I would love to have a menu that gives me pictures and text in a nice format, maybe maps and contact forms as well, but have no idea what to put where to get it!

Hope this makes sense, I have looked at the videos and threads and just can’t work it out.

Thanks, Chris

Participant
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Just to add – I know this isn’t the interface used but instruction like this would be great, with css classes or other div options that can make up the fancy menus;
    http://www.leotheme.com/guides/prestashop/megamenu-module/#!/tree-menu

Chris

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Hi

Please let me know the all elements which you are going to add in mega menu, have you created mega menu?
    I will explain you the steps here to add that elements.
    Thanks
    Nitin Sharma

Participant
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Hey Nitin,

I have the first one that I would like structured similarly to the picture here: have attached our current structure and projected (what I would like it to possibly look like).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28509001/Native/lutanda-camps-menu%20current.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28509001/Native/menu-example-projected.jpg

Thanks for helping with this stuff, there will be one more menu but I need to illustrate it properly to get the idea of what I am after.

Thanks, Chris

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Hi

To list Events categories, you need to create custom menu and add your Event categories into that menu then you just need to add column and stay with “select post type” and add that menu id with m into the field “Enter Comma seperated value Ex-1,2,3”.
    For graphic you can use textarea with img src tag and wrap them in any div which you have style for that graphic.

Thanks
    Nitin Sharma

Participant
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Hey Nitin,

So if I think about this I need five custom menus? One each for the first four that I would like placed in the top section, and the last being the ‘normal’ menu that sits underneath?

Where do I get the menu id from again? Will have to try this and see how it goes, sorry for sounding so stupid, just trying the concept.

Cheers, Chris

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 6 years, 2 months ago

Hi

You can find menu id by going menu section under appearance of dashboard. When you select your menu from list saying “Select a menu to edit” then the id could be find from URL. The ID of the menu in URL like menu=xx, the xx is the id of currently selected menu.

Thanks
    Nitin Sharma

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 6 years, 1 month ago

Hi all

This help topic has been updated with some visual guide for creating mega menu columns. Hope you guys find it more easy to understand now.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

I’ve got this working great on my site, but the mega menu options don’t display at all on the responsive version of the site.

Participant
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

Nevermind, found your thread with the fix!

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

@justinreves Glad you found it. Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 6 months ago
    Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

@siva Both topics has been answered.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

Looking to create a mega menu almost the same as:

http://preview.imithemes.com/autostars-wp/

How do I go about something like this?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@Gotham Please see the video and instructions screen at the start of this thread: http://support.imithemes.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-mega-menu/#post-637 You would be able to get along with that. Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@author yes I had created the mega menu sample as per video, however when I set it as primary menu it was a mess.

I’m at a loss as to how to create a menu like your mega menu (where you have “Browse by make” “Browse by body type” in autocars WP

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@Gotham Share your wp-admin credentials here so i can check what is going in wrong with that. Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

Hello!

Is there a way to change the width of the columns? One column will be an embedded video so I’d like it to be a bit wider than the other columns that will simply have links.

Also, how do I style the column titles? I need to change the color of the column titles.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

@abird Sorry, but column widths are not available at the moment. We will surely keep it in mind for future updates.

Can you tell me the Theme you are using so i can tell you custom css to style column titles? Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

@author
    Thanks for the reply! The theme I’m using is NativeChurch WP.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.