This topic is: resolved

Instructions to update plugins without updating the theme

• jonnythelegend
    Participant
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

I’ve searched your forums for about an hour now… cannot find anything about how updating plugins should be done.

I know where to get the updated plugins from, just not the correct procedure for each plugin.

I’m trying to update the Event Registration Gaea plugin… It’s breaking my other plugins…

Deactivate -> Uninstall -> Install Updated Plugin -> Activate?

Deactivate -> Replace Files manually -> Reactivate?

Please help!!

Thank you!

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months ago

Support term expired. Renew it here: http://support.imithemes.com/extend-your-support-term/

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months ago

Hi there

If you need to update the bundled plugins but not the theme then you must first download the latest version of theme from your ThemeForest’s Downloads page (Installable Theme Files) and then after extracting the zip archive you can find all plugins inside Theme Folder => Includes => Plugins. Now you can first remove the already there plugin from your FTP Manager from inside the wp-content => plugins folder and upload then new plugin unzipped folder. Other way is to remove the plugin from your WP Dashboard => Plugins => Installed Plugins, deactivate it and delete. Now upload the new plugin zip.

Seems like you have followed the above procedure already, If so then please share the error or problem you are getting after activating the new plugin.

Thanks

jonnythelegend
    Participant
    # 3 months ago

Thank you so much for the explanation!

Updating the plugin fixed the error.

Will deactivating and uninstalling the plugin remove/lose data for the events registered through the Event Registration Gaea plugin?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months ago

Glad it helped. Your data for the registrations will be be safe after plugin deactivation. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Instructions to update plugins without updating the theme’ is closed to new replies.