This topic is: not resolved

Is it possible to switch Google Map to other Maps?

Participant
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Dear Support,

I purchased vestige WP theme recently. The theme is pretty cool and exactly fulfill our requirements. However there are small problem that we are going to publish the website to Mainland China where the google service are limited by China Government.

So is it possible to switch Google API to some other API that can be used in China, like Baidu API?

Best Regards

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Hi there

Sorry, but there is using the Google API for the maps requirement. To apply any other API custom work must be done in the theme and this is something we can not do in the support provided with the theme.

Thanks

Participant
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Is it any documentation or guideline how to do such custom work that I can handle it by myself?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

There in no such specific documentation, if you can let me know which part of theme you are using maps for then I might come into help by telling you some file paths where the changes needs to be done. Thanks

Participant
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

For example, the address of each venues in the theme. Currently it using the google map API. So where can I change it, manually modify the html template?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

@Manish Can you please assist with file paths and names regarding this? Thanks

ManishManish
    # 1 year, 9 months ago

Hi @CKSit,

1)imic-framework.php
    2)taxonomy-venue.php
    3)shortcodes.php
    4)imic-interface.php
    5)imic.shortcode.embed.js
    6)imic.shortcodes.js

FILE LOCATIONS:1) wp-content\themes\vestige\imic-framework\imic-framework.php
    2) wp-content\themes\vestige\taxonomy-venue.php
    3) wp-content\themes\vestige\imic-framework\shortcodes.php
    4) wp-content\themes\vestige\imic-framework\imic-shortcodes\imic-interface.php
    5) wp-content\themes\vestige\imic-framework\imic-shortcodes\imic.shortcode.embed.js
    6) wp-content\themes\vestige\imic-framework\imic-shortcodes\imic.shortcodes.js

P.S. I’d suggest you to do changes only if you are comfortable with HTML & PHP coding standards or you can contact @imithemes.com">envato@imithemes.com for best result on this as it will require a certain level of customization.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.