This topic is: resolved

Menus on mobile do not scroll or display correctly.

• aharbaugh
    Participant
    # 5 years, 11 months ago

Hi, the top menu on our website using the vestige theme does not work correctly on a phone.

Primary issue is that when opening a submenu that has a significant number of items, you cannot scroll down to see all the sub items for some of the menus. And for those that you can scroll down to the bottom of the submenu items, you won’t be able to continue on to see the rest of the top level menu items that should display below that.

Secondary issue – No way to close a submenu when you’ve opened it, other than clicking on another menu item to open it’s submenu instead. Since the top menu item retains the > symbol, the intuitive action is to click it, which selects that top level page, rather than close the menu.

I have cloned the site and placed it on here.winterthur.org if you want to see the issues for yourself.

The top level menu has 7 items. Each has a submenu of differing number of items.
    Here’s an example:
    Click Hamburger menu to display 7 top level items.
    Click Visit to display Visit submenu items.
    Try to scroll down past the bottom of the submenu. You’ll be able to display only the next Top level item (Exhibition & Events) and not the next 5 top level menu items that should display.

You can also try this:
    Click Hamburger menu to display 7 top level items.
    Click Visit to display Support submenu items.
    Try to scroll down past the bottom of the submenu. You’ll probably only be able to display down to Corporate Sponsorship submenu item. There are several more submenu items that you should be able to scroll to as well as another top level menu item (Shop).

This is a problem on all phones we’ve tested, both Androids and iPhones.

Author
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 11 months ago

Hi there

For large menu like your website have I suggest you to disabled sticky header on tablets and mobiles from Theme Options => Header => Sticky Header https://d.pr/i/nD5ieO

About the closing option for sub menu unfortunately that is not possible with this menu style. I have noted your point and will try to add something for this in coming updates.

Thanks

aharbaugh
    Participant
    # 5 years, 11 months ago

Thanks.

Author
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 11 months ago

Welcome 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Menus on mobile do not scroll or display correctly.’ is closed to new replies.