This topic is: not resolved

Problem with Revolution Slider

• maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 4 weeks ago

I currently have NativeChurch 2.9.5
    (recently updated from 2.9.4 – which had the same problem)
    I want to put a slider on the home page (static page).
    When I use the “Slider Metabox” (as instructions state), it does not display.
    If I add a shortcode into the page, that displays and also causes the Slider Metabox slider to display.
    I also tried using the “Page/Post Header Options” and it is the same behavior.
    (Note: the slider works correctly when it does display)
    When I look at the source code, it seems to be missing some code in the header when I do not add the shortcode.
    Here is one part:

<link rel='stylesheet' id='rs-plugin-settings-css' href='http://xxx/wp-content/plugins/revslider/public/assets/css/settings.css?ver=5.4.5.1' type='text/css' media='all' />
    <style id='rs-plugin-settings-inline-css' type='text/css'>
    #rs-demo-id {}
    </style>

Please advise,
    Max

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi there

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting you soon. Meanwhile it would be great if you can share your website URL and wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for him to check the issue.

Thanks

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Max,

For Home page(set as your front page at Settings > Reading), you need to use Slider metabox option for the page header slider instead of Page/Post header option.If you are facing the same issue with that metabox as well, please share your site’s admin details here in private reply so that I can check it there.

Thanks

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

As I stated earlier, “Same behaviour with Post/Page Header Options, or Slider Metabox.”
    (I prefer the location of the Post/Page Header)

Can you direct me toward something to check?
    Also, can you let me know what steps you plan to take to “check the site”?

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

@maxfinger,

I need to check certain settings on your server as it’s working fine on our server.It would be great if you can share details with us.You can share the details here in private reply just by clicking the checkbox “Set as private reply” while posting.Only you and our team can view that message.
    http://drops.imithemes.com/lMhM

Thankss

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Can you please be more specific about what you are planning to do?
    What are the “certain settings” you plan to check?

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

@maxfinger,

I need to check revslider settings and home page settings.I also need to check if there is any third party plugin conflicting with the theme.

Thanks

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 3 weeks ago

OK, let’s try this another way…
    Please provide specific items to check on my site (settings, etc.)
    I already tried disabling all plugins, and that did not help.

I was not expecting to have to provide admin access to my site for support, nor does your support policy mention it, and that is not something I want to do.

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

@maxfinger,

Sorry but I need access to back-end to check the issue as I already tested on our server but didn’t experience such thing there.If you are not able to share details here in private reply , please contact envato@imithemes.com for further query.

P.S. Please mention this topic URL in that email.

Thanks

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Since you are unwilling to provide guidance to correct these issues, and the support policy does not state these terms, I am hereby requesting a refund.
    Let me know what information you need to process the refund.
    Thank you

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

@maxfinger,

It would be our pleasure to assist you but due to lack of access it’s quite difficult for us to rectify the issues on your server.We have several LIVE sites working properly and if any user face any kind of issue, they provide us details in “private reply” to access their back-end and resolve it there.In this way, it saves time for both of us.
    Issues are usually server related or external plugin conflict or any misconfigured settings.

Can you please check once if there any jquery( or any other error) in browser console.If you have idea of inspecting element using browser inspect element tool, you can check it there.

Thanks

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

We also have several LIVE sites running with various themes and plugins, and if we have an issue, we can usually get help with a fix, without being asked for back-end access (you are the first to request such a thing)
    I am simply asking for details of things to check, such as what you would be checking.
    I have already disabled ALL plugins, and that did not help.

We do not want to provide admin access, and if you stated that in your support policy, we would not have purchased the theme…

When checking errors…
    I get this in the browser console:
    ReferenceError: setREVStartSize is not defined 1home:490:1
    <anonymous> http://www.cdow.org/fresh/1home/:490:1

Makes sense, as this is what I said in the original post:
    “When I look at the source code, it seems to be missing some code in the header when I do not add the shortcode.”

As I stated earlier:
    “This is a page with just the Post/Page Header Options set:
    http://www.cdow.org/fresh/1home/
    (nothing shows)

This one has the Post/Page Header Options set, and an added shortcode in the body:
    http://www.cdow.org/fresh/home/
    (both sliders show)”

And:
    “Same behaviour with Post/Page Header Options, or Slider Metabox.”

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

@maxfinger,

Please let me know if you have set this page as front page at Settings > Reading and also which home template you are using on that page.You can check it inside “Page Attributes” section of that page.

Thanks

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I am using “Home” as the template, but have tried Home2, Home3, and others… no help.
    Also, have set front page to static, and as blog posts… no change.
    Tried creating new pages, no change.

Post/Page Header Options should work on any page, correct?

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

@maxfinger,

For static front page, you need to use “Slider Metabox” as “Page/Post header options” doesn’t work here.It is also mentioned here:
    https://d.pr/XMw8kO/oQo55OKo
    Can you please check this once at your end as well and let me know if issue still persists.

Thanks

maxfinger
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I have the home page set as static, and trying to use “Slider Metabox”.

As was mentioned in the original post:
    “When I use the “Slider Metabox” (as instructions state), it does not display.
    I also tried using the “Page/Post Header Options” and it is the same behavior.”

Makes no difference which one I use, neither of them work on any page.
    Only if I add the shortcode, then it works, but then I have 2 sliders.

Having me go over the same things I already said I tried is wasting time.
    Now I am stuck waiting until tomorrow morning for a reply.

Just give me a refund and let’s be done with it.

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.