This topic is: resolved

Problems with Events

• richpaterson
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I have 3 problems with Events:
    When using Future&past display mode the labels are the wrong way round – the “future” is actually the past events
    When adding a new event, Google Maps does not pick up the address – no change to the map at all
    When adding a featured image to an event, it does not display on the published page

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi there

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting you soon. Meanwhile it would be great if you can share your website URL and wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for him to check the issue.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi @richpaterson,

Please share the page URL where you are displaying Future&past events along with admin details here in private reply so that I can check issue on your server.

Thanks

richpaterson
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

@richpaterson,

Thanks for the details.

1)These are actually links for future and past events.When we click on “Future”, it displays all upcoming events and we click on “Past”, it displays all past one.

2)Please let me know if you have done any kind of modification/changes inside theme files or any new plugin installation before that problem occurs.Do you remember when you saw the Google Map issue first time?

3)I checked it on your server and was able to display featured image on event page.Please see below screen URL:
    https://d.pr/YKJhmA/1F0vk1Li

Thanks

richpaterson
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the update.
    1) It just seems counter intuitive – but OK I understand

2) I havent made any changes to the files or themes and just do regular plugin updates.I did have an issue with the last theme update – it deactivated all the plugins and I had to manually reactivate them all, but dont know if this upset the Google map link. I only just noticed the Google map link wasn’t working very recently. When I look at the events set up page, the event created in Feb shows the correct location in Google maps, but does not display this on the website – but it used to.

3) Yes – seems to work. Didnt work last time I tried it.

richpaterson
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

When I click on the little compass icon on the event webpage, it does actually open Google Maps and shows the correct location – but still does not show the location on the event set up page. v strange

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

@richpaterson,

It seems some issue with your API key.I checked it using our test API key and it’s displaying list there.Please see the screen attached below:
    https://d.pr/vMzfhX/4YcXn7q7
    Please make sure that “Google Maps Geocoding API” & “Google Maps Geolocating API” must be enabled as some API keys require it.Just check it inside Developer Console -> APIs & auth -> APIs and then check once again or you can create a new key as per the instrustions stated here:
    http://support.imithemes.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-google-maps-api/

Thanks

richpaterson
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

Resetting the API seemed to work. thank you

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

@richpaterson,

That’s Great. 🙂
    I am closing this thread.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Problems with Events’ is closed to new replies.