This topic is: not resolved

Problems with Templates

• Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi,

Purchased a few days ago and need help setting up any and all templates please.

I have read your guide here file:///Users/benharborne/Downloads/Eventer-WordPress-Event-Manager-Plugin/Documentation/index.html#single

​But haven’t been successful getting the event pages setup like your demo. I have tried and edited each of the attached files but not getting anywhere,

page.php, index.php, page-template-blank.php

Here is my dev website;

http://staging.illogical-star.flywheelsites.com/eventer/valentines-day-party-at-sugar-sugar-agogo-february-14/

To access the site you need these.

Username: flywheel

Password: wiggly-cave

To Access the backend Admin pannel you need these

I have attached each of the files. I hope you can edit and fix for me. If not, maybe you can highlight what section of the code i need to replace or edit. I tried to do this already but im unsure about which part of the code to remove. Thanks.

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Attachments

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 2 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello

Please place belowfile in theme folder.
    https://d.pr/f/XmazAA

Thanks

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

Thanks for your assistance with this.

We still dont have our events looking like they are on your demo though, can you please take a look and advise how to fix this so our events are looking the same as your demos please?

Your Demo Page
    http://preview.codecanyon.net/item/eventer-wordpress-event-manager-plugin/full_screen_preview/20972534?_ga=2.88030360.18523302.1517976297-1459221642.1517976297

Our Event Page
    http://staging.illogical-star.flywheelsites.com/eventer/hooters-two-year-anniversary-party-sunday-january-28/

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

Hello

I can see that eventer.php file is working perfectly, do you want too remove sidebar from that page?
    Our demo site is using Capital theme.
    eventer.php file takes default design of currently activated theme.

Thanks

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unless i can get the plugin working with Divi im not sure that ill be able to use it. I cant do anything with the page builder on the eventer pages which means i have no control over the layouts etc. Maybe i want to remove the sidebar., maybe i want to add a full width header above the events like your demo. Maybe i want to get banners etc placed where i want them.

I did ask before purchasing if there was a conflict with the plugin and Divi, maybe i should have made my requirements more clear. Ill reach on on some Divi Forums and hopefully they can fix so i can use the builder on the Eventer pages but not sure if its possible or if someone will help.

Any ideas how i get the divi builder on the Eventer post type?

Thanks,

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

The other issue i have with this plugin is the google map location.

We are based in Thailand. Google map addresses are very vague here and they simply are not accurate enough to use.

We need to use Map co-ordinates to get an exact location. Problem is, the co-ordinates are shownn in the location field on the eventer page front end.

So, we can show the written address how we’d like it to be shown, but, if the user tryies to get directions they wont be very accurate.

Or, we dont display any written address in the location field, display the co-ordinates and get exact location and provide accurate directions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

Attachments Continued

Attachments:
    Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

Providing my setup can be fixed so i can create layouts with divi and Eventer i would like to address another thing with your custom post layout.

Im not sure how accommodating you will be to provide a fix so i achive this layout but ill ask anyway as i think it would be a good addition to what you have already done.

The Event Post type layout you have structured looks good. But, when there are not tickets and no registration there is a void of blank space on your layout structure. Id like to fix that if possible.

For us, we wont be selling tickets, vast majority will be FREE, occasionally they will link to a Facebook event page where they can register.

But, as i said, the vast majority of the events will be FREE and they wont have any tickets.

When there is no registration and no tickets for the event we are left with a big space below the featured image.

I would like to have Organiser or Venue Logo image placed where the void is to fill the gap.

I have attached mock ups for you to better understand how it would look with the different options.

Attachement 1: Event with No Tickets & No Registration with Logo

Attachement 2: Event with No Tickets. Includes Registration Button with Logo

Attachement 3: Event with Ticekts with Small Logo

The third layout option which includes ticket sales isnt as important but would still be nice to include the logo and be able to link to a venue page or external link maybe.

The other issue we have with the ticket sales is the currencies available. As we explained earlier, we are based in Thailand and i dont see the Thai Baht included in the currency options

Attachments:
    Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

So to recap on what i need to fix to continue working with the plugin.

Enable Divi Builder
    I did ask before buying the plugin if it was compatible with Divi or if there were any conflicts. I was told there wasnt but maybe i worded my question too vague. I should have asked if it was compatible with the Divi builder. I need to use the builder to change and edit the layouts. I dont need to touch the layout the plugin creates as such. Just need to be able to use the builder to change to fullwidth, add full width header, add banners and advertising throughout the pages etc

Google Map Address Displayed.
    We need to use and input co-ordinates to get eh exact location but we need to display a written address on the front end.

Event Layout Edit to Include Venue / Organiser Logo
    Need to fill the big gap beside the event details. 99% of our events are FREE and do not have ticket sales. The mock ups i sent on the previous email are exactly what id like.

Paypal Accepted Currencies
    I dont think we will use this as previously explained that 99% of the events will be free. But, i would like to know how i can include Thai baht in the currency choice for Paypal options for selling tickets? I see Woocommerce is an option and maybe can be done there but ideally we’d like to work without using Woocommerce.

If you cant accommodate all these requests via support i understand. If your developers can make this happen im sure we can pay them for there time. If not i will look to hire a freelancer in the hope they can change it for me.

Thanks

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

I Purchased and installed a plugin earlier called “Divi Enabler”

I was hoping this would be the soltuion to getting the divi builder on the CPT your plugin creates but im not that lucky!

In part, its working. But its not working correctly.

Seems that above and below the content area i can edit with the divi builder. I cannot though, add anything above the content or below it.

The pager is looking broken now.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 9 months, 1 week ago

@nitin Can you please follow up on this. Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 9 months ago

Hello

Please provide ftp details in private reply, as i am not able to modify files through WP Editor.
    I will try to add some features for you if possible.
    As you are discussing about layout of eventer, i have already implemented the layout of events as per current theme’s page.php and the save feature should work which are working for default page.

Thanks

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    rakesh
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Hi, I am having the same problem – do provide a standard ‘eventer.php’ file with installation instructions.

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for getting back to me but i do not understand your response?

“do provide a standard ‘eventer.php’ file with installation instructions.?”

Are you asking me to provide this for you? Or are you asking if i have already added it?

I couldnt understand from the start what to do with the template code from the instructions. Thats what started this thread. A member of your support staff added the eveter.php file for me already.

I have provided FULL access to everything i have. SFTP, Backend of hosting account, backend of website as requested in the last reply from Nitin.

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to fix it so that i have the divi builder working with the eventer layout.

If its something that can be developed im happy to pay for development fees but if im cov ering the cost i would expect it to remain an additional feature for me only and i would not expect to see in any future releases of your plugin.

As i explained in this thread, there are a few things i need to address to get it working the way i need it, The divi builder being the most important and most difficult i imagine.

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Please can you speak with Nitin about this. They requested i send a private message with all the FTP access and website access but ive not had a reply back since sending them.

The next reply was from Rekesh so getting confused with who im speaking with now.

Thanks

rakesh
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Hi Benh_82, apologies for the confusion by having posted in your thread. I am a customer too and wanted the template file.

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Hi @rakesh

Your best to start your own support thread with your request rather than commenting on this one.

I had problems understanding what to do with the template code and after speaking with the support they were very quick to supply the eventer.php file for me to upload.

Didnt really help my situation but they were quick to reply and supply the template file

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

@nitin please follow up on this. Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 9 months ago

Hello @rakesh

Please create a new topic for eventer plugin and provide activated theme’s page.php/index.php/single.php, i will provide you the eventer.php.
    eventer.php is the file which follows design of currently activated theme at your server.

Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 9 months ago

Hello @benh_82

Could you please let me know the directory name in which website is installed?

Thanks

Benh_82
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

Hi Nitin,

Thanks again for getting back to me.

love-pattaya-events_staging . thats the directory we have added the eventer.php file to already. We did also create a clone version to play with but nothing has been done with it yet.

Anything else then let me know. My private reply to you on the 9th Feb should have provided all the access you can want.

Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 9 months ago

Thanks for the info, i am trying to add features that we also adding in next version of plugin.

Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.