This topic is: not resolved

Questions about widgets, pagination, breadcrums, and category page

• thesungrak
    Participant
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

1. Qeustions for Sermon Series Widget
    Am I unable to include sidebar to the page? It seems to work in for other pages but for sermon series it does’t work.
    I want to change sermons in the breadcrumb to 설교 which is sermons in Korean. But I cannot find a way to change it.
    Similar to the previous question, instead of continue reading, I want it to be 더보기, is there a way to fix this?

2. Questions about pagination
    I wish to include pagination to posts, sermons, events lists. The Posts, Sermons and Events lists widgets don’s seem to support pagination.
    But, I need pagination for most of my posts, events and sermons. Is there a way to include the pagination?

3. Questions about breadcrumbs and category page
    Is there a way to edit category page (the one from breadcrumbs)?
    I am like having breadcrumbs and I glad that it leads to a page with all the posts in the same category. But, I wish to change the layout to a smaller thumbnail, and change the language, and add a sidebar.
    If that is not possible, how do I change the link that breadcrumb leads to?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

Hi there

1. To change the link to which breadcrumb trail linked to you can go to Settings => Breadcrumb NavXT => Custom Post Types and set the parent page for all custom taxonomy like categories and other.
    To change any static text strings like “Continue Reading” you can use Loco Translate plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

2. Can you share a page URL where I can see those widgets. Page builder widgets for posts/sermons/events list support pagination but they won’t work on a static homepage.

3. Breadcrumb links can be changed/set from Settings => Breadcrumb NavXT

Thanks

thesungrak
    Participant
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have some more questions.

1. I’ve noticed that very frequently pages are lead to category page. I have the access to Cpanel. So, is there a section like post list weidget, where I can change continue reading to something else? if that is not possible, can you tell me whereabouts in the php page I can find the code to change that?

2. How to select categories that I wanna show on the widget. I do not want all the categories to be showing for posts.

3. Is there a way to just remove authors from posts?

4. tabs does not support numbering system. (attachment included)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months ago

1. If you can share the page URLs where you want to change the continue reading to something else then I can see if only css can do it. As editing core page builder templates is not recommended unless they are set to be used from the child theme which itself is a long process.

2. Please share a page where I can see which widget you are asking about. This plugin might help you https://wordpress.org/plugins/list-custom-taxonomy-widget/

3. Please share a page URL where I can see posts so I can check if only css can do this.

4. Please share the page URL where you have added the tabs.

Thanks

thesungrak
    Participant
    # 3 months ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months ago

1. To change the continue reading button text on archive category pages use custom css at Theme Options => Custom CSS/JS

Add your link text in the content in the able code.
    As for the layout from full width to medium thumbnails, as of now this is not possible. I will try to add it as an option in next update of theme.

2. This categories widget plugin is best option for you https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-categories-widget/ which allows you to exclude categories from display.

3. For this use this template https://d.pr/f/6mm1RX+ in your Theme Folder => imic-framework => page-builder => widgets => posts-list-widget => tpl

4. Add custom css at Theme Options => Custom CSS/JS

Thanks

thesungrak
    Participant
    # 3 months ago

Thank you!

CSS changes made for 1 and 4 does not work. There are no changes and it says that there are errors with code.

I have included the template but there are no changes. public_html/wp-content/themes/AdoreChurch/imic-framework/widgets. This is where I located the file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months ago

I have fixed the code for you for #1 and #4

3. Please check the location correctly which I sent you, you have put the file in wrong folder.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.