This topic is: not resolved

Replacing widgets in sidebars

• AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi all

As you are already aware that we are updating all of our themes to comply with the new standards of WordPress along with requirements set by Envato Market(ThemeForest). In the process of theme upgradation we are moving all of the custom widgets from the theme to new/updated “Core Plugin”. So once you update your theme with the new version and install the “Core Plugin” you should see new widgets set available at your Appearance => Widgets page.

How to replace current widgets with the new ones:

1. Go to your Appearance => Widgets page in the WP Dashboard
    2. Check the widgets used in your all sidebars and find the new widgets with same name at the left (widgets list). All new widgets name starts with (N)
    3. Add new new widget in the same sidebar, copy your widget title, settings in the new widget.
    4. Check your pages to see if both widgets are showing on the page sidebar.
    5. Now remove the old widget(without (N)) from your sidebar
    6. Repeat the above steps for all the sidebars/widgets.

All the new widgets will appear at the top of the widgets list like an example below:

Have any questions or concerns? Leave a reply in this topic.

Thanks

Participant
    # 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Will there be more widgets to replace things like custom HTML and a search widget? Will “SiteOrigin” widgets be affected, or is that outside your development scope?

Participant
    # 4 months, 1 week ago

I have tried to replace an old widget with the new version in an existing sidebar — I go through the process (drag, drop, update) however, when I navigate to the page as you suggest to see if there are 2 versions on the page… I find only the original version. In addition, when I return to the widget page, my sidebar has not “saved” the new widget.
    What am I doing wrong?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 4 weeks ago

@sstevensonLiedCenter Only the custom widgets of NativeChurch theme will be affected. SiteOrigin widgets(including NativeChurch) and default WP widgets will not be affected. Thanks

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 4 weeks ago

@LoriSpechler You just need to replace the current widget in your sidebar with the new sidebar (Name staring with N) and after copying the widget settings into new widget, remove the old widget. If you are getting problem with this please open a support ticket here: https://support.imithemes.com/help/ticket/new

Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

What are the custom widgets of NativeChurch? And if we don’t use them, is there any action to take?

Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

I have updated my theme, however I do not ‘see’ any way to update my ‘Core Plugin’
    And I do not the the N infront of my widget list….

My WP site shows it is completely up to date.

How do I get the Core Plugin?

Thanks

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

@kurz8282 If you are not using any custom widgets in any of your website’s sidebar then there is no action needs to be taken at your side. Custom widgets can be found at Appearance => Widgets page(names starting with (N)

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

@CurrentWave If you have already installed the Core plugin then the update to it can be applied from NativeChurch Dashboard => Plugins page.

Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi,
    After updating to the new theme, i have an issue with slider revolution (informing me that i need to update to the latest version and activate my license). I also have some display issue with regard to the slider on top of the main page.
    Is this a known issue, any solution ?
    Thanks
    Regards,

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

@Gungar Slider Revolution will keep asking for the registration but that is not mandatory to purchase your own license for this plugin as it comes with the theme itself.
    The display issue which you are getting must be checked. You can open a support ticket here: https://support.imithemes.com/help/ticket/new

Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

@Author Thanks for clarifying the matter regarding Slider Revolution.
    For the support ticket, im afraid i can not afford the cost tied to the process. I will take the trial & error route till i eventually get it fixed, hopping that upcoming updates will not wreck more havoc.

Thanks,

Participant
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

Widgets Update
    Important! Since version 2.2 of theme, we have updated “Obsequy Core” plugin which now comes with a copy of all custom widgets of theme. We request you to please replace your widgets in all sidebars with the new ones before 31st October, 2019(when we will remove the widgets from theme itself) Learn more here.

I’ve updated as you said, but I still have the sign that I need to update.
    Ciao Grazie

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 1 week ago

@Trinca Nunzio That is a plain message which will be removed in the next update of theme. If you have already replaced those widgets with the new one then you are good. Thanks

Participant
    # 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi,

After updating to the latest Born To Give theme version slider revolution is no longer working or appearing on any pages.

The theme support has expired but your update has broken the theme. What is the fix for slider revolution issues since it seems to have happen to others?

Please advise.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 months, 3 weeks ago

@TbdVCasadD Please email your website URL and wp-admin credentials at @imithemes.com">envato@imithemes.com for us to check it. This is not a common issue for all users of BornToGive Theme.

Participant
    # 2 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

@Kristen “Recent Sermons” also has a new widget which you can use in your sidebar. It will work like before. If you come across any problem using the new widget. Just open a support ticket here: https://support.imithemes.com/help/ticket/new or email me at envato[at]imithemes.com

Participant
    # 2 months ago

It looks like only the following Widgets are new (N) for Vestige:

(N) Custom Categories
    (N) Upcoming Events
    (N) Selected Post
    (N) Upcoming Exhibitions

Once I’ve replaced the old with the new, that’s it… correct?

And the following Dashboard message will be removed during the next theme update.

Widgets Update
    Important! Since version 2.3 of theme, we have added a new plugin “AdoreChurch Core” with the theme which comes with a copy of all custom widgets of theme. We request you to please replace your widgets in all sidebars with the new ones before 31st October, 2019(when we will remove the widgets from theme itself) Learn more here

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 months ago

@bluweb Yes these are the new widgets. After you shift to new widgets you are good to go. This message will be removed in an update around end of October. Thanks

Participant
    # 2 months ago

How I can find widgets if I use another languages then English? it is very difficult to find a correspondence between what needs to be updated with what is already there. Thanks.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 month, 4 weeks ago

@Oraetlabora Please email me your website URL and login details at envato[at]imithemes.com so that I can check your website. Thanks

Participant
    # 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I can’t seem to install the core plugin and all the widgets are gone from the front page. I keep getting an error “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.” every time I try to install it.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 1 month, 2 weeks ago

@Rawa19 I believe you already have a private support ticket about this? If so, then please keep in touch with the support team over there. Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.