This topic is: not resolved

Secondary Bar Links

• NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi, I am theme purchaser. I need to know how to create within-page links from the secondary bar. I can’t find the documentation on this. Thanks, Deb

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi there

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting to you soon.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi @NEST Director,

Using Secondary Bar Options, you can create “Single Page Menu” to display content of multiple pages on a single page.Please see below screen URL for detailed information and let me know if still face any issue:

https://d.pr/03L7LI/QgnW5Xpg

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi Manish,

I don’t want to create separate pages. I just want the buttons to go to each section of the page that they indicate.

https://nestorytelling.org/index.php/find-a-local-group/

Also, what is creating the large white space at the top?

Finally, I do have a section that does what you’re talking about in the “About Us” section.
    https://nestorytelling.org/index.php/about-us/
    The link works on my computer at work but not my computer at home. What would cause this?

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi @NEST Director,

Please try once by deactivating all third party plugins(if installed) on your server and if it doesn’t resolve the issue please share your site’s admin details here in private reply so that I can check it there.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I’m not sure what you’re referring to in your last comment but it doesn’t seem to address the first two questions that I asked …

ManishManish
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago

@NEST Director,

Please share your site’s login details here in private reply so that I can check issue on your server.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months, 2 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

@NEST Director,

Please share username and password here in private reply to login the dashboard so that I can check these issues there.
    Please also share “Join A Local Group page” as I am unable to find it on front-end.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 11 months, 1 week ago

1. You must create multiple pages for your content of page “Join A Local Group” as this is how the secondary bar single page menu work. Currently you have all the content there but have not put the IDs in the designated field for single page menu. You need to add menu title with the page ID here in the fields http://d.pr/i/ONNgoy and this will pull the content of those pages using the IDs and show on a single page where the single page menu will work. The space there at the above when you activate the single page menu for secondary is because it can not find the data as the ID fields are empty once you have the IDs in the fields this space will be fixed.

2. For custom posts order try this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-types-order/

3. You need to resize your logo properly to keep the menu and logo on same line which will make the mobile view perfect as well. You can remove some menu items as well or can try any other header style from Theme Options => Header

4. This is not possible out of the box, still share a screenshot of how you want it so I can try to achieve it by custom css

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

Thanks again. Still have a couple of questions …

1) I made all of the pages. I want the background to be slight gray for every other page to distinguish them. The “Maine” page has a background but I didn’t put that in. I like it and tried to put in background color for “New Hampshire” etc but the color didn’t show.

2) I got the plugin that you suggested and it mostly worked. I want the storytellers listed alphabetically by last name from top row to bottom row and left to right. But somehow, the program is switching the order around within the row so that they are no longer in the order that I list them. See second row down. The order should be “Blackstone, Brodeur, Brooks, Brule” but instead “Brooks” comes after “Brule”

3 and 4) I like the header style that I have and I need all of the menu items. I’d like to do something like the attachment so the logo is over the menus but not a part of them. Can you all tell me what size and format I need for it to properly resize? I’ve tried jpg, png and svg at various sizes. //Thanks again, Deb

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

See note above. I added more gallery items – still out of order. Second row – “Blackstone” should come after “Black”

ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@NEST Director,

1)You can set the background color for any page inside page editor -> Background Options metabox -> BELOW OPTIONS WORK IN BOXED AND WIDE MODE -> Background Color (for the Content area).If you still face issue with that, please share the page URL so that I can check it there.

2)It seems the order is correct now as I “Brule” comes after “Brooks”.Please see below screen URL:
    https://d.pr/97RPo/5xezdGEe

3) & 4)You can use header style 3 to display logo at the top and all the menu items will be beneath it.You can upload a small size image for standard logo and its double size dimension image for retina logo. For the 2 fields of width and height you need to put in width and height of your standard logo.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

1)You can set the background color for any page inside page editor -> Background Options metabox -> BELOW OPTIONS WORK IN BOXED AND WIDE MODE -> Background Color (for the Content area).If you still face issue with that, please share the page URL so that I can check it there.

I have that set and it works on the individual pages but does not bring the color into the main page that links to these pages
    Main Page: https://nestorytelling.org/index.php/find-a-local-group/
    Individual Page: https://nestorytelling.org/index.php/find-a-local-group/new-hampshire/
    I want the color that is on the individual page to show up on the main page

2)It seems the order is correct now as I “Brule” comes after “Brooks”.Please see below screen URL:
    https://d.pr/97RPo/5xezdGEe

See attachment. “Blackstone” should come right after “Black”

3) & 4)You can use header style 3 to display logo at the top and all the menu items will be beneath it.You can upload a small size image for standard logo and its double size dimension image for retina logo. For the 2 fields of width and height you need to put in width and height of your standard logo.

I don’t really care for header style 3. Would like to keep the header I have. Any way to delete the logo from this header style and put the logo as a layer above. I had an attachment showing the WWF website on my last reply. I would like it like this. Is there code I would need?

Also, can you recommend the height and width for the logo and also the appropriate file size.

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@NEST Director,

1)You need to set background color on main page to show up on that page.It will not bring color from any other page.

2)Gallery grid is using masonry layout script which makes the images adjust with the space available.The issue might be happening due to incorrect image size.Please use images of same size on your server to get correct grid position or you can use below css inside Theme Options -> Custom CSS/JS:
    .grid-holder.col-4 .grid-item{min-height: 250px;}

3)Sorry but it will require customization in theme’s files to change the header layout.I suggest you to contact envato@imithemes.com for best result on this.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

Thank you for the tips.

Re: #2 The code did line the pix up nice and neatly but it didn’t fix the order problem. Any other thoughts on this one?

https://nestorytelling.org/index.php/storyteller-directory/
    “Blackstone” should come right after “Black”

ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@NEST Director,

It must be in correct order now.Please check once at your end as well and let me know if still issue perists.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

Yes, wonderful – thank you, now it’s in order. How did you fix it?

How do I remove some of the sorting categories? For example, I do not want the category “STF 2018” showing at the top of this page (See attachment).

Attachments:
    ManishManish
    # 11 months ago

@NEST Director,

1)I just sightly modified the css code in Theme Options -> Custom CSS/JS. 🙂

2)Sorting Bar is used to display all the categories.It has been coded inside template file through query loop and it is completely dynamic.If you don’t want to make that category visible, you can unassign gallery posts from that category, it will automatically remove from there.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 11 months ago

2) The gallery posts in the storyteller directory do not have the STF2018 category checked but it still shows up on that page. I do want STF2018 posts to show on another page so I don’t want to get rid of the category all together.

ManishManish
    # 10 months, 4 weeks ago

@NEST Director,

Sorting bar displays all the catgeories to which any post is assigned that’s why STF2018 category is showing there.

Thanks

NEST Director
    Participant
    # 10 months, 4 weeks ago

Is there any way to get the sorting bar to not show all of the the categories? A custom code so that the sorting bar would just show categories of the posts appearing on the individual page?

ManishManish
    # 10 months, 4 weeks ago

@NEST Director,

Yes, it will require customization in theme’s files.I suggest you to contact envato@imithemes.com for best result on this.

Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.