This topic is: not resolved

Sermon RSS Bug in new version 3.1.3

Participant
    # 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I’m posting this here hoping someone will find it. There is a bug in the Sermon RSS feed that crashes the whole website. If you try to send your sermon podcast to itunes, the website crashes.
    I’m not sure if this happens to all sites running the new version but it is happening to mine and mine is running on AWS so it’s not a hosting issue.

http://yourwebsite.com/feed/?post_type=sermons

The site crashes with a 503 error. I found the culprit in the code and have my site working but this needs to be fixed in the next version. The culprit is a line of code in the podcast-functions.php file. It is line 28.

add_filter( ‘get_post_time’, ‘imic_podcast_item_date’, 10, 3 );

If I comment out that line, the website doesn’t crash and the rss feed is provided.

Can this be fixed in the next version please? Also, before putting out a new version, please test all aspects of the theme before pushing it out. This is the 2nd time a new version has broken the sermon rss feed that I have itunes picking up.

I didn’t report this through a ticket because I didn’t want to pay $50 just to have them fix their own code. This happened before with a previous version and I’m not doing it again. There should be a channel for reporting bugs without having to pay a fee besides this forum.

Thanks everyone. Hope this helps.

Participant
    # 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Do we know what the bad line of code does?

Participant
    # 2 months, 3 weeks ago

After removing that line of code…

I get the following in IE:

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document.
    Line: 238 Character: 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.