This topic is: not resolved

Sermons List Won't Paginate

• chriscummings01
    Participant
    # 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Hello. I have multiple sermons, enough to warrant a second page. However, when I click to view the second page, I get a 404 error. Please help.

Here is the page:
    http://christophercummings.com/christophercummings.com/gp/new/sermons/page/2/

Thanks,
    Chris

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi there

This bug has been noticed and will be fixed in an update coming in couple of days.

Thanks

kenco51
    Participant
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

I just noticed I’m having this same problem. However if I search for sermons by a particular speaker, then the pagination seems to be working. It’s only when I’m viewing ALL sermons.

clayton
    Participant
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

I am having the same issue.

https://bridgelane.org.uk/sermons/page/2/

kenco51
    Participant
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

Hi Clayton – I ‘fixed’ my problem today. I went to Settings->Permalinks and changed my Permalink setting to ‘numeric’. I tried every other Permalink option but this is the only thing that worked for me.
    Good luck.

clayton
    Participant
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

Hi Kenco

Thank you very much, it worked for me too.

I then tweaked the custom structure based on how it changed to /%postname%/%post_id% so that it doesn’t say archive in the url, but the post name.

I think as long as the structure ends in %post_id% then it works.

chriscummings01
    Participant
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

Thanks, guys – I added “%post_id%” to my permalink structure and that worked for me, too!

kenco51
    Participant
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

Posted in error

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 months, 1 week ago

@Kenco Thanks for sharing your solution here. I will get this checked to make sure it works with any type of permalinks structure. Actually this is creating issue because we are fooling WP to serve our page(using slug same as a custom post type slug) as a normal page. Still I will be onto it soon. Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.