This topic is: resolved

staff photo on Gaea team page appears in landscape mode

Participant
    # 2 years ago

Hi,
    Using Gaea theme. I have put “Our Team” on the “About Us” page (http://s982.tmd.cloud/~modestol/about-us/). Initially, everything looked fine, but then I changed the photo for our VP, and now the orientation of her photo on the “Our Team” page is landscape, for reasons unknown.

When I view her individual staff page (http://s982.tmd.cloud/~modestol/staff/pat-glattke/) the headshot is in portrait mode, as I want it to be.

I have removed the image from the media library and restored it. I have created new staff pages for the VP, but still the “Our Team” page displays the photo in landscape mode.

Can you explain how I can change this? Also, is there a way to make all photos appear the same size on the “Our Team” page?

Thanks,
    Ellen

Participant
    # 2 years ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years ago

Hi there

The best resolution for staff pics is using a image of 400×400 dimension. It will keep it square as you need it. Still if you need assistance then please share your website’s wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for me to check it.

Thanks

Participant
    # 2 years ago
    Participant
    # 2 years ago
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years ago

In the older version of WP it used to make images crop if they are bigger than the desired thumbnail size but with the new version it makes the small images big to get the size defined for any post type. That’s why your new image is behaving this way.
    To keep all your images identical for a better looking website you should use all images for a post type here team to be same size and I suggest to use 400×400 images for team posts.

Thanks

Participant
    # 2 years ago

OK. Thanks for letting me know.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 2 years ago

Glad it helped. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘staff photo on Gaea team page appears in landscape mode’ is closed to new replies.