This topic is: resolved

strange emails sent from the website

• sirtheta
    Participant
    # 6 months, 2 weeks ago

I get strange emails from my website. It looks like it comes from event registration, but it is empty. Here is an example from a email:

Betreff: Anmeldung zum Ereignis
    Antworten an:
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Dies wurde automatisch aktiviert, weil

Registrierungsnummer: 0

Ereignis:

Eventdatum: 1. January 1970

Name:

E-Mail:

Telefon:

Ticket

Kontaktieren Sie per E-Mail,

Our Website url is: http://www.efg-homberg.ch

I don’t have any event on the date 1970 and it is always the same date in the email. I can’t see any pattern in the emails. It looks like random generated. (have a look on the atached screenshot)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi there

I have assigned this thread to my support guy and he will be assisting you soon. Meanwhile it would be great if you can share your website’s wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for him to check the issue.

Thanks

sirtheta
    Participant
    # 6 months, 2 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi @sirtheta,

Thanks for the details.Please let me know if you have done any kind of modification/changes inside theme files or any new plugin installation before that problem occurs.Do you remember when you saw that problem first time?

I suggest you to deactivate all external plugins for sometime just to check if it will resolve the issue.

Thanks

sirtheta
    Participant
    # 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi @manish
    No, I made no change inside the theme. After we gone live with the website we got the emails.
    I have a few additional plugins installed, but when I deactivate all of them our website is not working anymore. and since the Emails only happen randomly i do not like to deactivate the plugins for several days… I have no chance to see if the problem is resolved with deactivating of plugins

ManishManish
    # 6 months, 1 week ago

Hi @sirtheta,

Please let me know if you are still getting mails.If yes, please share the email id here in private reply on which you are getting these mails and it would be great if you can share FTP server details as well(in private reply).

Thanks

sirtheta
    Participant
    # 6 months, 1 week ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 6 months, 1 week ago

Hi @sirtheta,

I have checked theme’s files but didn’t find any issue there.I have also deactivated “CryptX” plugin on your server.Can you please track you mail today if you still get any new mail there.

Thanks

sirtheta
    Participant
    # 6 months, 1 week ago

Hi @manish

I already thought with the deactivation of cryptX , the problem is solved. But I got 6 emails on Monday evening. The time range was from 22:22 to 23:05 so I think it is not CryptX…
    What else can it be? I deactivated the simple calender plugin for test purpose. I’ll see if that is the problem. When I’m not getting any emails in a week, I will let you now.

ManishManish
    # 6 months ago

Hi @sirtheta,

I suggest you to deactivate all external plugins for some time and then track your mail as there is no such issue with the theme.It seems to be external plugin issue.

Thanks

sirtheta
    Participant
    # 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi @manish

It is the simple Calender plugin. I don’t understand that because I think a lot of peoble ar using this plugin.
    It is not the problem of your theme so thanks anyway.

ManishManish
    # 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi @sirtheta,

Great to know that you got it fixed. 🙂
    I am closing this thread.

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘strange emails sent from the website’ is closed to new replies.