This topic is: not a support question

style.css error when installing

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

Hi,

I bought this theme and am trying to install it. But I get the error: The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

If I put the style.css from the folder css in the the main folder, I get the message that the header is not right.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

Hello

Thanks for using OkidoApp, but FYI this is only HTML Version.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

Hi, I was having the same problem and upon doing a search I see that I’m not the only one who purchased the HTML5 version. In my case, though, I bought the Adore Church template. I found it while searching WP templates online and didn’t realize that it was the wrong format. So glad to see you have a WP version of the theme, but not that happy it’s at a much higher cost… I already check Envato’s policy for returns and there’s no chance of resolving that issue since it’s a digital download. Lesson learned!

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

Sorry to hear about the problem you caught into purchasing HTML template by mistake. Yes you are correct about refunds on digital products. About the pricing of themes they are all set by the Envato ūüôā

Participant
    # 5 years, 2 months ago

Hi,

I appear to face the same error, but I note that the file is clearly labeled WordPress. Please see the detail below:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: themeforest-7082446-nativechurch-multi-purpose-wordpress-theme.zip

Your site is currently displaying a “Coming Soon” page. Once you are ready to launch your site click here.

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Any ideas at all?

Many thanks,
    Matt

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 2 months ago

@mjkb Please provide ftp details and WP Credentials in private reply, so that i could check for the issue.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 2 months ago

I purchased the WordPress version. It clearly states that is for WordPress. However, the CSS file is missing. The file I downloaded was “themeforest-7082446-nativechurch-multi-purpose-wordpress-theme.zip”.

I have attached a copy of the error.

Please provide the correct install files.

Thank you.
    Leon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    # 5 years, 2 months ago

I FOUND A SOLUTION FOR style.css error when installing

I read the index.html file found in C:\Users\support\Downloads\themeforest-7082446-nativechurch-multi-purpose-wordpress-theme\NativeChurch-Muti-Purpose-Wordpress-Theme\documentation\Theme\index.html (Note: this is where I extracted the files to on my harddrive. It will be different for you)

It states doing this first – Tip: Before uploading the theme make sure you unzip the theme download and inside of the download folder upload the zip called ‚ÄúNativeChurch-Theme.zip‚ÄĚ

I have attached a copy of the screen shot of the successful installation.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 2 months ago

@larg199 That’s great if theme has been installed successfully for you.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.