This topic is: not resolved

Theme Update & Obit Shortcode

• SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi there,

I purchased the Obsequy Theme for a funeral home client and am building their website, but I’m having two issues I hope you can help me with.

First, there is an update for the theme, but I can’t see how to update it. I have downloaded the most recent version, but of course when I go to upload it, the upload fails because the theme is already there. The Envato Toolkit plugin only gives me a download link. And on the updates pages, it tells me the theme is up to date.

Second, I was using shortcode to display the obituaries on the home page and the obituaries page. Until recently, it was working, and now it isn’t. It’s displaying the shortcode on the front end. Here is the shortcode I’m using:
    [vc_row][vc_column][obsequy_obituary obituary_post_date=”1″ obituary_birth_date=”1″ obituary_excerpt=”1″ obituary_excerpt_number=”30″ obituary_more=”1″ obituary_sort_date=”1″ obituary_number=”4″ obituary_terms=”319″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

I am using the Divi Builder by Elegant Themes to design the website. Could this be causing a conflict with the shortcode somehow?

SupportSupport
    Participant
    # 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks for contacting imithemes support, support staff will contact you shortly and assist you at above query.

Support response time can be upto 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours on weekends.

please be patient

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 8 months, 1 week ago

Hi there

1. For updates in your WP Dashboard use the new Envato Market plugin http://support.imithemes.com/how-to-get-theme-updates-notifications-with-in-your-wordpress-dahsboard/

2. Theme use shortcodes for the Visual Composer page builder. So in case you are using some other page builder then the visual composer plugin must be active so you can add it’s shortcodes to other page builder’s text widget.

Thanks

SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Can you see imported obituaries in the WP Dashboard on Obituaries list page? If so, then share your website’s wp-admin credentials here in a private reply for me to check why they are not displaying on the website. Thanks

SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago
    SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago
    SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago
    AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

You can upload the files in a zip archive. Thanks

SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago
    ManishManish
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi @sandfiredesign,

Thanks for the details but these are not working.Can you please check once at your end as well.

Thanks

SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago
    ManishManish
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

@sandfiredesign,

I am looking into this and get back to you asap.

Thanks

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

@sandfiredesign,

I experienced that there is an old version theme installed on your server.Please update it to latest version along with it’s associated plugins.You can update your theme easily with http://support.imithemes.com/how-to-get-theme-updates-notifications-with-in-your-wordpress-dahsboard/

p.s. Please deactivate all third party/external plugins as certain installed on your server before updating it and then check if both the issues get resolved.

Thanks

SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago
    ManishManish
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi @sandfiredesign,

Dates of “Öbits” had been added in wrong format due to which these are not displaying. I have
    changed one of the obits on your server and it appears now on home page:
    https://d.pr/bfTDk8

Please see below screen URL and make the required changes for rest of the obits:
    https://d.pr/BUVV5d

Thanks

SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago
    SandfireDesign
    Participant
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago
    ManishManish
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

@sandfiredesign,

I checked your zip file but sorry to say that it’s not possible to import condolences to match with the orbit as it will require certain changes there.I suggest you to contact
    envato@imithemes.com for custom quote on this.

Thanks

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.