This topic is: not resolved

[DISCONTINUED] Translation Plugin for our themes

Participant
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

Please, some words not listed… what can i do?

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

@seetalchile Thanks for posting the solution here, this could help someone until the next update of plugin.

Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

@gutolordello Please create a different topic for the issue, this thread is already using for translation plugin, also please post theme name and screenshots of strings which is not translating while creating topic.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

take a look on the screen that i sent. .i think the problems is “Proprety Results” and and “POST YOUR COMENT” i can’t find them

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

sorry i did type wrong… this is correct search… all of rest we did translate

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

How do I add a space behind a translated word?

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

@lordonip You need to use   to show space.

Thanks

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 6 months ago

@gutolordello This is theme related issue, please create a thread using that theme as topic.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the plugin, works fantastic.

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 5 months ago

@Creativenw Glad, you like this plugin.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

Hi,

I have a problem, as soon as I active the plugin, WP change the language to English and I can’t change it back to Italian anymore, because when I click Save it goes again to english.

Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@samuele_cervi Please make sure you have downloaded plugin from author comment ID# 16229 on page 1.

Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@Nitin Sharma the one you refer to is the version 1.0, it works.

Anyway I used the version 1.1 at the comment #16472.

If the correct version is 1.0, I would propose to remove the 1.1. Don’t you think?

Luca

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

I had the same problem. With this version, it has worked for me:
    http://support.imithemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMIC-Translator.zip

PS: Meanwhile, I no longer use the plugin. The translations are stored in the database, which has very negative effect on the performance of the website. I have now translated my content in the po / mo file as it corresponds to the standard for other WordPress Plugins.

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@seetalchile That’s interesting! Is there a guide I can follow to do that?

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

I use the “CodeStyling Localization” Plugin so I can manage all the translations of all my themes/plugins in a central way.

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@seetalchile I searched for the plugin and found it at this link, but I sould like to get your confirmation as it is not available in the wordpress.org repository and it seems it gets the patest update on 2008:

http://www.code-styling.de/english/development/wordpress-plugin-codestyling-localization-en

Is it right?

Concerning the performance, I already made all translations with IMIC-TRANSLATOR so, is it enough to disabale to avoid losing performances?

Many thanks
    Luca

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

@samuele_cervi Yes that’s the correct one.

If you disable the IMIC-Translator Plugin, you’ll see how your web site is loading faster. For me, the difference is about 2 seconds when I use po/mo files for translating. This is not surprising in terms of the many database queries.

The Plugin “CodeStyling Localization” has not be updated a really long time. But that does not matter because it has no direct impact on the functionality of your web site. Only files translation files (po/mo) will be created/updated. Alternatively you can use a local editor such as Pedit.

Unfortunately, there is no reasonable option to migrate the translations form IMIC to po. I have entered all the translations again.

Kind regards,
    Simon

Participant
    # 5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Simon,

unfortunately the plugin was not working, installed activated but the buttons pression did nothing at all…

I actually switch to Poedit and rebuilding all thanslation again 🙂

Concerning the performances of the website, you are right it is faster.

Thanks!
    Kind Regards,
    Luca

Participant
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

where we can translate these?

View post on imgur.com

thanks

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

@lnts These are all specifications at Listings > Listing Specifications. Their names can be changed from their only no translation needed for those. Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

For interest:

1) Attempt to download the originally linked plugin (http://cl.ly/3S0R3G3O3w16) generated a chrome browser warning of malicious content. The updated ‘attached’ plugin however downloaded without issue.

2) After install and clicking ‘fetch strings’ the page has a broken image (probably intended as a spinning disc loading graphic).

3) For usability, after clicking ‘fetch strings’, there is a report how many strings are found. It would be logic to have a hyperlink to then edit.

4) If there was an option to categorise the 1971 found strings, this would be useful. For example it is not necessary to translate WP admin strings – rather just public facing strings. With 99 pages of strings, there is a lot to do, but plenty of strings which don’t require a translation.

5) The pagination (99 pages) doesn’t seem to work. If I am on page 6 (of 99) it shows:
    << < 6 > >>

The 6 is a form field and editable, but I can’t click enter or an arrow (>) and go to a page (such as page 25).

Hope the feedback is useful.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 5 years, 3 months ago

@Signale Thanks for your detailed feedback. I just added it for plugin refinement. Thanks

Participant
    # 5 years, 2 months ago

looks good thanks a lot for your help

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.