This topic is: not resolved

[UPDATED]Setting up Google Calendar API for Events Calendar

• AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 4 months ago

Our event calendar(in themes and plugins) can pull in your events from the Google Calendar, this needs you to specify the Calendar ID and Google Calendar API key. These info needs to be entered at your Theme Options > Calendar/Calendar Options

How to get your API Key for the Google Calendar

1. Login in to your Google account first

2. Go to https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/projects and create a new project

3. Enter your project name. It can be any unique name which you can recognize as setup for pulling events from your Google Calendar

4. On the next redirected page click on the “Calendar API” to create the API Key

5. On the following page click the “Enable” button to activate the API Key generation

6. Once enabled you can move to credentials page

8. Name your Browser Key and click create and then copy the key. Make sure you should not have any spaces before or after the key while pasting it in your Theme Options

How to get your Google Calendar ID

Next step is to get your Google Calendar “ID” and to get that go to your Google Calendars page here and click on any calendar’s arrow which you want to share at the left sidebar under “My calendars” tab. On the popover click on “Calendar settings”. Now on the next page you will find the calendar ID which needs to put at Theme Options > Calendar Options. [MAKE SURE YOUR CALENDAR IS SET AS PUBLIC AND NOT PRIVATE]

Participant
    # 4 years, 3 months ago

I followed every step and I am able to see all events in Calendar mode but if I try to see events on the front page or in Grid mode I receive the following error.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Google_Service_Exception’ with message ‘Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars/…

I am on Native Church theme Version: 2.6.7

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 3 months ago

@mbgit Please create a seperate thread here: http://support.imithemes.com/forums/forum/wordpress-themes/nativechurch-wp/#new-post with your question. Thanks

Participant
    # 3 years, 5 months ago

These instructions seem out of date. After I complete step 6 the steps seem different. Can you please provide updated instructions and screenshots please?

Calendar API Step 7

Thanks,
    Bob

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 3 years, 5 months ago

@bcorygel1 In your screenshot you can see “API Key” link in blue color. You can click that to directly generate an API key where you will be asked for the service you need as shown in the 2nd screenshot of this post. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘[UPDATED]Setting up Google Calendar API for Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.