This topic is: not resolved

URL to long for the calendar export

• dusantc
    Participant
    # 8 months ago

Hi,

The theme NativeChucrh is generating too long URL which is not valid, resulting in 500 server internal error. This happens for the Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar and Outlook online.

The issue is that you are urlencoding the whole content into URL.
    The following snipped is taken from the wp-content/themes/NativeChurch/imic-framework/imic-theme-functions.php

You should limit the length of the $content. Can you please patch this?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 8 months ago

Support term expired. Renew it here: http://support.imithemes.com/extend-your-support-term/

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 8 months ago

@manish Can you please look into this? Thanks

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi @dusantc,

Can you please share your site’s admin details here in private reply so that I can check issue there.It would be great if you can also provide FTP server details.

Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi @dusantc,

Thanks for the details but I am not able to access your site.Please see below screen URL:
    https://d.pr/v1uB3b

Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 7 months, 4 weeks ago
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ManishManish
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

@dusantc,

We are very sorry that your website goes down because of some plug-ins deactivation but we are trying to help you as there is no such issue with the theme for our thousands of users and the same is running successfully on DEMO.Please see below screen URLs of demo site while saving the calendar, it redirects to correct URL:
    https://d.pr/ikrBbD
    https://d.pr/oDSRde

There are several third party plugins(especially security plugins) installed on your server which might be impacting theme’s functionality.
    We never change/update/edit any file/folder/code/Database/SQL without the owner’s permission and you can verify the things from your server log.Now website is running fine, so you can activate the plug-ins (if required).

NOTE: We are not able to access your FTP server, please provide the working one so we can proceed further.

Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

@manish

You don’t need FTP/Wp-admin access in order to reproduce the issue. I have already gave you what is the issue and the solution TWICE.

Here is one more time:
    Take a very long text (over 2083 characters), and put it in the content. Here is example of one text like that https://hramkoncarevo.rs/event/sveti-mucenik-evpsihije/?event_date=2018-04-22

Put that on your demo site and try it. You demo “Lorem ipsum” content isn’t long enough.

I have reported this to you in good belief and faith that you care for your customers and that you want to fix this for all customers. I have already tested the fix for myself and reported back that to you. The only thing that I got back is broken site after your intervention and unprofessional act.

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 3 weeks ago

@dusantc,

We always try to provide support in best possible way to all of our users and you are one of them.We are trying very hard but need your cooperation as well.
    I’ll forward this to our technical team if there is any such problem then it’ll definitely get resolved.

Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

@manish what is the finaly answer?

ManishManish
    # 7 months, 2 weeks ago

@dusantc,

I have already reported this to our technical team.I request you to wait sometime and will notify you here after getting any update.

Thanks for your cooperation

dusantc
    Participant
    # 7 months, 1 week ago

@manish,
    Its take long time for answer..?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 7 months, 1 week ago

@dusantc We are checking it and including it in the coming update of theme this week. Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 7 months, 1 week ago

@manish ok.

dusantc
    Participant
    # 7 months ago

@manish still nothing?

ManishManish
    # 7 months ago

@dusantc,

Let me check this with our team.I’ll notify you soon.

Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 6 months, 4 weeks ago

@manish you are relly slow in Support. And you destroy my site. Now I’m waiting to fix that 2-3weeks? Lol

ManishManish
    # 6 months, 4 weeks ago

@dusantc,

I already checked your site and it’s working fine as I replied you dated APRIL 19, 2018 AT 11:06 AM #97523 so I suppose it’s not BROKEN or DESTROYED anymore.If you have still anything broken(only after deactivating the plugins), please share the screenshot/URL regarding that.

Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 6 months, 3 weeks ago

@manish first problem first post. You didnt fix it. You have url long problem.

Hi,

The theme NativeChucrh is generating too long URL which is not valid, resulting in 500 server internal error. This happens for the Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar and Outlook online.

The issue is that you are urlencoding the whole content into URL.
    The following snipped is taken from the wp-content/themes/NativeChurch/imic-framework/imic-theme-functions.php

$google_save_url = 'https://www.google.com/calendar/render?action=TEMPLATE';
    $google_save_url .= '&dates='.date_i18n("Ymd\THis",strtotime("$triggerOn_start"));
    $google_save_url .= '/'.date_i18n("Ymd\THis",strtotime("$triggerOn_end"));
    $google_save_url .= '&location='.urlencode($imic_event_address);
    $google_save_url .= '&text='.urlencode($title);
    //$google_save_url .= '&ctz=Antarctica/Troll';
    $google_save_url .= '&details='.urlencode($content);
    $google_save_url = 'https://www.google.com/calendar/render?action=TEMPLATE';
    $google_save_url .= '&dates='.date_i18n("Ymd\THis",strtotime("$triggerOn_start"));
    $google_save_url .= '/'.date_i18n("Ymd\THis",strtotime("$triggerOn_end"));
    $google_save_url .= '&location='.urlencode($imic_event_address);
    $google_save_url .= '&text='.urlencode($title);
    //$google_save_url .= '&ctz=Antarctica/Troll';
    $google_save_url .= '&details='.urlencode($content);
    You should limit the length of the $content. Can you please patch this?

dusantc
    Participant
    # 6 months, 3 weeks ago

When we can except update? Or this theme will never get fix?

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 6 months, 3 weeks ago

@dusantc An update is due for this week which should include this fix as well. Thanks

dusantc
    Participant
    # 6 months, 2 weeks ago

and this week is over,(working week).. still nothing.. lol

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Sorry, update is coming today in which we have replaced the whole content with the excerpt. Thanks

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.