This topic is: not resolved

White Screen- with RevSlider

Participant
    # 4 years, 6 months ago

Hi, I just purchased Real Spaces 2 weeks ago, since the revolution slider that came with it is not the latest version, I purchased the Rev Slider from Codecanyon, to get their upgrades through wordpress. When I went ahead and try to update the old version of the rev slider by typing in my api, purchase code and evato username it didn’t provide the latest version of the rev slider as a matter of fact I got a white screen on my wordpress site, I was not even able to access the wordpress admin log in.

I then reached out to Bluehost and they helped me out, in the process of fixing it all the plugins and theme were deactivated. I then went ahead and activated the theme and as soon as I activated it, the WHITE SCREEN came back 🙁 I didn’t even activate the plugins.

My hositng company says that it seems to be the theme because even after deactivating all the plugins I’m still getting a white scree.

I appreciate a solutions to this problem.

Thanks.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 6 months ago

Hi there

You need to rename the “revslider” folder you find at wp-content/plugins/ folder using your FTP access. This is happening as theme have a bundled copy of Revolution Slider included and when you activate the other copy of slider they both conflict and stops website to work.

There is a new version of theme coming in couple of days which will have the latest version of plugin.

Thanks

Participant
    # 4 years, 6 months ago

I did exactly what you told me but I got an error message on wordpress when trying to activate 5.1 version after I had installed and activated real spaces wp theme:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare set_revslider_as_theme() (previously declared in /home1/dangentz/public_html/wp-content/themes/real-spaces/revslider/revslider.php:36) in /home1/dangentz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/Revolution Slider 5.1/revslider.php on line 47

I only want to use the 5.1 version of the revslider. I contacted my hosting company when I first got the white screen error and was told by them that it could be because the theme was designed to work with the old version of the revslider, and something in the new 5.1 version of the slider is bugging it out.
    Can this be accurate?
    Please assist!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    # 4 years, 6 months ago

I guess what I really want to know is… Is it possible to use the revslider version 5.1 with the real spaces wp theme? Are they compatible? or the theme only supports the old revslider version included with the theme?
    I undertand you’re coming out with a theme update that will include the latest version of the revslider, however I have a deadline to meet and this problem is causing me too much time.
    Thank you.

AuthorAuthor
    Keymaster
    # 4 years, 6 months ago

Please use the attached file in your THEME FOLDER/imic-framework/imic-framework.php
    This will be updated in next theme update so you do not need to worry about its override on update.

Once you overwrite this file with yours, you can activate your plugin version and use it.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    # 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Slider Revolution is displaying a white screen for me with new version of theme and newest version of slider 6.2.2 / Native Church Version 3.3.6 /

Participant
    # 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Deprecated: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /home/namiccns/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4903

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/namiccns/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-media-icons-widget/social-media-icons-widget.php on line 67

Participant
    # 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in public_html/wp-content/NativeChurch/header.php on line 257

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in public_html/wp-content/NativeChurch/header.php on line 13

These are the debugging errors I’m getting. Please update theme as I cannot display any rev sliders… it’s just blank white 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.