A common issue that can occur when installing a WordPress themes is “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.” error message being displayed when uploading or activating the theme.
One of the reasons you may receive this error is if you have uploaded the incorrect file. You have 2 options for downloading your theme.
1. Installable WordPress file only. (below)
2. All files and documentation (full zip folder). You will need to extract and locate the installable WordPress file. (below)
Please make sure you are uploading only the installable theme which is called NameOf Theme.zip. If you upload ALL these files you will receive an error.
Upload the Installable WordPress file admin area
- Log in to your WordPress admin area.
- Browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on ‘Add New’.
- Click ‘Upload’.
- Browse and select the theme zip file to ‘Upload’.
Upload Via FTP
- WordPress files can also be uploaded manually via FTP.
- Upload the files to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- Login to your WordPress admin area to change the theme.
- Check out the guide on WordPress.org here.
More Help & Support
Confirm You Purchased a WordPress Theme
- Check you have purchased a WordPress theme. The items compatibility is listed on the item page (below the buyer rating on the right).
Check you are using WordPress.org
- The fundamental difference between WordPress.com VS WordPress.org is that WordPress.org is self-hosted and allows you to install custom themes and plugins.
Purchasing one of our theme licenses from ThemeForest provides you with six months free technical support included in the price. This is to ensure you have a helping hand while getting started with your imithemes’s theme and so that we can assist you with any questions that may pop up during that long time period.
After six months from theme purchase, the support coverage expires.
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding Envato/ThemeForest’s support policy and how it affects your imithemes’s theme.
What does theme support include?
As stated by Envato’s Item Support Policy, theme support includes:
- Availability of the author of the item to provide item support
- Technical questions about the item’s built-in features, functionality and third party plugins
- Assistance with reported bugs and issues
- Help with included third party assets (e.g. image sliders, contact forms)
Will the support database & theme updates expire with my support coverage?
Nope! You will always be welcome to use the previously asked questions found within our support database, regardless of your support coverage status. And theme updates are always available to you at no extra cost.
How do I know if my support coverage has expired?
To check if your support coverage has expired or to find out how much time you have left in your support coverage window, you can log into your Envato account. Navigate to your “Downloads” page and find your imithemes’s theme in the list. Here, you can see the remaining coverage time for support.
Do I have to renew my support coverage?
Not at all. Support coverage is totally optional! If you find that you never needed to open up a support ticket or if you haven’t in a long time, it probably isn’t necessary to renew your support coverage.
However, if you find yourself relying on our support services quite often or if you like knowing you can reach out to us at any time, it may be a good investment.
What if my support coverage expires and I decide I want to renew after-the-fact?
Not a problem! You can always renew your imithemes’s theme support coverage even after it has expired.
Is there a benefit to renewing support coverage before it expires?
If you renew your theme’s support coverage prior to expiration, Envato offers a discounted price.
How do I renew my theme support coverage?
To renew your theme’s support coverage, you can log into your Envato account. Then, navigate to your “Downloads” page and find your imithemes’s theme in the list. Here, you can click the link to extend or renew your support coverage.
Here is how to add more Google fonts to your website other than what Theme Options offers:
– First search for the desired fonts at: https://www.google.com/fonts
– Once you found it look for the button http://drops.imithemes.com/18s3i
– Next page will show the fonts options and usage instructions, look for the import option: http://drops.imithemes.com/1lRDC
– Insert this import code at Theme Options > Custom CSS/JS- Now look for font family name on the same Google fonts page http://drops.imithemes.com/ncZq
– Use this font family code in your Theme Options > Custom CSS/JS for example:
Hope this helps.
As the title describes that sometimes you can can not upload a larger file using the wordpress media uploader. PHP has several configuration options to limit resources consumed by scripts. By default, PHP is set to allow uploads of files with a size of 2MB or less. This is common problem users face and this can be fixed by editing your server’s php.ini file. If you don’t know what exactly to do about editing php.ini file then you should not do it by your own and ask your server administrator.
Try increasing the following values in your php.ini file, for example:
memory_limit = 99M
max_execution_time = 300
upload_max_filesize = 20M
post_max_size = 24M
If the upload_max_filesize is larger than post_max_size, you must increase post_max_size so that it is bigger than upload_max_size.
If the value of post_max_size is larger than memory_limit, you must increase memory_limit so that it is larger than post_max_size.
Hope it helps.
If you customize WordPress themes then you should understand the basic concept of a WordPress child theme. Unfortunately, child themes can be confusing if you don’t have much experience with them. It’s important that you understand what a child theme is and how it works alongside a normal WordPress theme. It is always important to use a child theme instead of changing things in the main theme that you have purchased from ThemeForest as Authors like me 🙂 keeps on updating the theme on regular basis and updating the theme will surely override the changes you have had made.
To use a child theme, you install and activate it like any other theme. It will automatically inherit everything from its parent, and look exactly the same when you first activate it. You don’t need to worry about breaking your website when you activate a child theme.
Adding CSS to a child theme
The easiest way to customize your WordPress theme is with CSS, and a child theme makes that even easier. You can experiment with CSS in your child theme, and always revert back to the parent theme if you make a mistake.
You just have to put the css you need in the activated child theme style.css using your wordpress admin panel. Appearance > Editor . Notice you need to put your css below the @import of the parent theme stylesheet, this is important because you need to override the parent theme css properties by yours.
Save the style.css file and you should see the changes show up live on your site!
Changing template files in a child theme
First, find the template file in the parent theme that controls the view you want to change. Now copy that file to your child theme. Once that file exists in your child theme, it will be used instead of the original file in the parent theme. This is true of any file you copy to your child theme.
Now, you are ready to make changes to that particular file like you need. Habit of writing down the changed files will help you at the later stage when something goes wrong. If something really go wrong you can just delete the template from the child theme and website will start running from the parent theme template.
You can also consider reading a details post about Child Themes at Envato Notes
Most people check the demo of the themes and templates and aspire to have their website looks the same as like the demo. But the problem arise when they choose wrong dimension images for their websites. The preview of themes created to attract users to purchase item and images chosen are best of quality and perfect sizes. For example images used for showing a team page are all of same dimension i.e. 600px/600px for all of the team members and team page looks awesome with every image complementing the other.
To get a perfect look for your website give some time in putting and uploading equal size images for a particular area of the website i.e. blog, staff, portfolio etc.
Hope this article will help many of the theme users.
This toolkit plugin establishes an Envato Marketplace API connection to take advantage of the new
wp-download methods created specifically for this plugin. These API methods grants access to information about your purchased themes and create temporary download URL’s for installing and upgrading those themes. Basically, users that have purchased themes from ThemeForest.net can now install and upgrade any theme that takes advantage of these new methods.
For end users, all that’s required to get started is an Envato Marketplace username & API key, and to have purchased one of the many WordPress themes found on ThemeForest.net.
Download (NEW VERSION)
Download (OLD VERSION)
Installation steps for OLD VERSION
1. Upload the
envato-wordpress-toolkit folder to the
2. Activate the plugin through the
Plugins menu in WordPress.
3. To establish an Envato Marketplace API connection navigate to the
Envato Toolkit page and insert your Marketplace username and secret API key in the designated input fields. To obtain your API Key, visit your “My Settings” page on any of the Envato Marketplaces.
4. Once the API connection has been established you will see a list of themes that can be auto installed. If you don’t see any themes and are certain you’ve done everything correct, there is a good chance the theme author has not updated their theme to be available for auto install and update. If that’s the case, please contact the theme author and ask them to update their theme’s information.